PDA

View Full Version : Mugen CF Duct Kit

SiR_YO
06-22-2004, 09:50 PM
I finally received this kit along with my other JDM goodies... does ANYONE on this board have it or have gotten it installed? reason I ask, is cuz I just realized you have to cut that piece off the bumper where it indents for the UK license plate :(

now being that I have to cut my bumper for my mugen lip (which is back ordered), do I have to get my bumper RE-PAINTED (poor poor bumper :'( ) after all this hacking and cutting?

I'm already way over budget for body work as far as my front end is concerned

ilive2r011
06-22-2004, 10:11 PM
sorry man cant help u out but when u put it on post how u did it cus im gettin that duct kit too. And my mugen lip is on back order from king motorsports. Looks like were goin the same route as far as look.

oldschoolimport
06-22-2004, 10:15 PM
if your car is black you may be able to get by, but I'd do it right and get all the paint work done at one time. where you cut the holes for the front lip will be covered. you only will have to worry about where you cut for the duct.

SiR_YO
06-22-2004, 10:26 PM
if your car is black you may be able to get by, but I'd do it right and get all the paint work done at one time. where you cut the holes for the front lip will be covered. you only will have to worry about where you cut for the duct.

ya my car is black... what do you mean by "all the paint work"? if done right I shouldn't have to get my bumper REPAINTED right? like I know the mugen grill and lip will have to be painted, but like you said the lip will cover the whole that you have to cut, and the duct kit, if installed properly should not require me to repaint the bumper correct?

oldschoolimport
06-22-2004, 10:47 PM
ya my car is black... what do you mean by "all the paint work"? if done right I shouldn't have to get my bumper REPAINTED right? like I know the mugen grill and lip will have to be painted, but like you said the lip will cover the whole that you have to cut, and the duct kit, if installed properly should not require me to repaint the bumper correct?as long as you cut the bumper right, you should not have to paint the bumper. correct.

BlackSi613nin
06-22-2004, 10:55 PM
how much did the radiator duct/mugen lip cost you. i have a jdm bumper and want to do the same thing, but i dont kow how to istall the rad. duct kit.. when you do work it out, post a write up!

joHn

Civicvtec1ps
06-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Mugen Duct kit basically go right into replacement spot for License plate.

As long as you cut perfectly.
You should not have to get bumper repainted again.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/71103-XK2-K0S0_3.jpg

It's $300 + Shipping at Kongmotorsports.

BlackSi613nin
06-23-2004, 09:29 AM
will intercooler still fit behind this?

Civicvtec1ps
06-23-2004, 09:42 AM
will intercooler still fit behind this?
Probably not.

You will have to cut off your jdm bumper to fit FMIC.

BlackSi613nin
06-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Probably not.

You will have to cut off your jdm bumper to fit FMIC.

:'( :shockm: :( :eek:

cutting sounds so painful. and eventually mugen lip is gonna be painfull to.. grr..
i wonder if i could run an supra side mount... hmmmm

joHn

Si Death
06-23-2004, 10:25 AM
im sorry, what does this mod actually??? does it just let more air in??? :confused:

BlackSi613nin
06-23-2004, 10:51 AM
it lets more air flow over the radiator, theres like a little scoopy thing, that directs air on the the radiator, and over it, to increas air flow under the hood...

joHn

i-WERKS
06-23-2004, 11:22 AM
wouldn't the duct kit cover the cuts?

SiR_YO
06-23-2004, 11:54 AM
how much did the radiator duct/mugen lip cost you. i have a jdm bumper and want to do the same thing, but i dont kow how to istall the rad. duct kit.. when you do work it out, post a write up!

joHn

I own a shop here in Toronto.. and if you're wondering if I got it from Kings I didn't.. directly from Japan. We sell the the lip for $800 CDN, and $420 CDN for the duct kit... expensive.. but at the same time not much money to be made.

thanks for all the help and feedback guys :)

SiR_YO
06-23-2004, 11:56 AM
wouldn't the duct kit cover the cuts?

lets hope so.. otherwise I will be forced to paint the bumper again... :'(

Prracer
06-23-2004, 02:49 PM
do you guys think it could be cut into a usdm bumper ???

ep3_civic_si
06-23-2004, 02:54 PM
what he said^^^ but i doubt i'll do it...im doing the USDM mugen lip and i'm kinda sad too :'( but hey it looks good afterwards and u can't see the cuts no more :D

BlackSi613nin
06-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I own a shop here in Toronto.. and if you're wondering if I got it from Kings I didn't.. directly from Japan. We sell the the lip for $800 CDN, and $420 CDN for the duct kit... expensive.. but at the same time not much money to be made.

thanks for all the help and feedback guys :)

how much is that in USD>?> thanks

joHn