PDA

View Full Version : Too much suspension work?

DarkSiRacer
06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
CAn that be possible? I was looking at all the bars and everything trying to plan my suspension. They make bars that connect any side of your car to any other side of your car. I'm just wondering if you can put too much stiff stuff. Thoughts comments.

BlackSi613nin
06-22-2004, 10:39 PM
i dont think so, you can never have enuff stiff stuff. you can add as much as your back can handle. most people are happy with springs/coilovers for drop, jdm ctr rear sway. and front d2 double X brace. that makes our ep into a big streetable go kart
:) , having that said, i have non of these mods except for springs.. but they are on my mods to come list..

joHn

goy091
06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
to an extent the bars will help, but when you have every single bar, its just for bling. why else would you pay $200 for a strut tower bar that was made by Spoon, Mugen, JIC ect.

raiyo
06-23-2004, 11:18 PM
The stiffer your car is, the more harsh your ride will be. It'll be so stiff it seems like things are coming apart when you go over uneven roads. In the long run, you'll end up having more problems with the car. Not sure if it is true or not. I've just "heard" about it.

So far I like my setup, besides my springs. Gonna swap that out and upgrade a few bars I have installed.

ViViDPeArL
06-23-2004, 11:24 PM
i wanna get a mr alex front and rear c-pilliar and spoon front tie and rear strut tower...i saw it on my friend's ride...sickkkkkkkkk

DarkSiRacer
06-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I don't mind the rougher ride... I enjoy hitting corners hard and braking and accelerating. Basically pushing the car. I've never heard of a case of having too many bars or chassis reinforcement.

fsugatorbait
06-24-2004, 11:05 AM
I don't mind the rougher ride... I enjoy hitting corners hard and braking and accelerating. Basically pushing the car. I've never heard of a case of having too many bars or chassis reinforcement.

yeah what he said, the corners make up for the stiff ride.

oogy-boogy
06-24-2004, 11:23 AM
yeah what he said, the corners make up for the stiff ride.

Hell ya....The EP is a handling monster if done right. I have all sorts of suspension upgrades and each one has done its part to make the ride that much more fun :)

raiyo
06-24-2004, 11:43 AM
i wanna get a mr alex front and rear c-pilliar and spoon front tie and rear strut tower...i saw it on my friend's ride...sickkkkkkkkk

Just look sick huh? Have you drove it before? :D jjust playing with yah.

If you're gonna copy your buddies setup, a few words of advice. Where are you going with your car? Daily beater, track, autocross, 1/4 mile, street race, etc?

For the bars your friend have, just a few things I wanna say, if you're gonna make a copy out of it. For the C-Pillars, are you gonna put alot of stress on the chassis? If not, getting the pillar is just for bling. It's to high up to even notice if it's a daily beater. Try to lower it down and buy a Geunine Mugen Strut/Tie Bar (or the replica, weighs in a few pounds more). The mount point is 6" inchs or so above the strut towers. As for the Mr Alex Front Strut Bar, I dunno much about them. I don't like them because it isn't one solid peice. I feel that, why buy a strut bar, or any bar that isn't one solid peice. If it ain't one peice, it will allow more flex than an one peice, not matter how built it is. I recommend getting Neuspeed, since it is an one peicer. For the Spoon front lower tie bar, again, it isn't one peice, so it'll allow more flex than you thought it would. For around or alittle more in price. Try to get a Neuspeed X-Brace, or even better, get d3Design's Double X-brace. It's a superb bar, you'll love it once it is on. However, you'll have trouble with speedbumps, since it takes an additional 1" on the front side. Don't get me wrong, Spoon is a good brand, but for some reason, I don't think there strut bars are up to it for our cars. The rear strut is also a 3 peicer, which isn't good, well... to me. Why not get Mr Alex or Cusco? They are also a 3 peicer, but they have an additional mount point. 6 points total compare to Spoon's 4. Slap alittle more money and get CARBing products. There rear strut tower bar is even better. It's one solid peice. I plan to get one before summer ends or so. You should also look into sway bars if you're still using your stock ones. The front isn't a biggie to be changed, but the rear gotta go. Think about getting a CTR 22mm rear sway or Progress 22mm sway/tie combo.

Alright, I'll shut up now, hopefully all the stuff I said helped you or someone else.

ViViDPeArL
06-24-2004, 10:31 PM
good stuff...talk some more...lol. i was looking into the neuspeed as well...good points on everything you said. i do have the progress rear sway/tie combo...wow...what a world of difference :)