PDA

View Full Version : Question For All EPHatch.com

WannaBeJRSC
06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Hey guys and gals, I have been on this website for about 6 months and recently changed my name.(keep in mind I dont own an ep YET!). so here is the question.! I recently talked to Boch Honda, and one of the managers was the shit, saying that the EP is the shit.. (he is actually swearing and shit, saying ford sucks balls, and modding is the best.. he has a S2000).. and he loves talking about how they are the #2 Honda dealership, besides one in Cali.... so he then immedialtey says that you know what man, your a cool shit...(actual words) then he says I will give you an 04 SI for 17,000 out the door

Not a good deal geeting scammed?
Ok deal, but not the best?
Try to work him lower?

Also if i go to another Honda dealership and tell hem that they gave me a price for an 04 Si for 17 g's, do you think they would go lower , and how much lower?

Speck
06-23-2004, 11:02 AM
ROFL! Played by a playa... that is not a good deal. IMHO, not when off ebay you can get a fully modded EP (Type X) for around that price.

I paid around 15,9K for my 02 back in 02

-=speck=-

Si3
06-23-2004, 11:15 AM
17K out the door (taxes, plates..etc) isnt that bad of a deal... mind you, its not GREAT, but not a bad deal at all.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with getting sold. every single person here has been sold, its just a matter of how hard they gave it to you, and in this case, he went gentle IMO.

hutchback
06-23-2004, 11:20 AM
I assume you have not purchased yet. I think you could get more for your trade. Check Kelly Blue Book and the NADA Guide online. Go in asking for $1000 more than you can resonably expect for your trade and I'll bet you could get pretty darn close to it.

tjtripp
06-23-2004, 12:35 PM
sounds like a good deal to me. Over here in Cali, the invoice price on '04 Si's are about $17,100 to $17,400. That's before they add on destination, tax, license, etc. Over here, the sticker on all '04s reads $19,600. Out the door, that'd be over $21,000. I'm sure invoice is cheaper where you live, but I imagine that it's not too big of a difference. Sounds like a good deal to me. BTW I paid $18,700 OTD just 3 months ago, for my '04. Basically bought it for about a hundred bucks less than what the dealer paid for it, plus taxes of course. I thought it was a great deal at the time, but now I'm not too sure. I've been hearing of some crazy deals, maybe living in Cali just sucks that bad.

Anyways, go to Jdpower & associates or some other consumer based website and find out what the average invoice is for your zip code. I read that our dealers are paying about $17,100 - $17,400 for an new '04. And remember you can't get around tax and license. My dealer showed me the invoice and it was around $17,400. I had to fight so bad to get it down to $18,700 otd. I was at one dealership, had one on the cell phone, and another on call waiting all fighting. In the end $18,700 was the lowest any of them would go, and this was a cash deal. Matter of fact, if I would of financed through honda credit, I could of probably saved another 200-300 bucks. I guess there was some kind of kick back from the american honda credit.

tjtripp
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I was curious so I checked the invoice prices at NADA. Over where I live, our dealers are paying $17,426, MSRP $19,070. Which agrees exactly with what I've seen at the dealers including the invoice. I checked what invoice was in Boston (assuming you live there) and it gave me the same numbers??? What gives? Anyone?

bobdobbs
06-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Out the door for $17K is a good deal on a brand new car. It's not a steal, but for not even haggling, it's alright. It seems like there aren't as many '04s and they are selling better than previous years, so I doubt you're going to pick up a new car for what they were going for a year or two ago. If I were you, I'd go for it.

halos02Si
06-23-2004, 01:35 PM
i think that you should try and work him lower than that by about 500-1000, then put a downpayment and have them give you proof of quote.

then go to another dealer and ask them if they can beat that price or not. if they can, then congrats :D

go back to the first dealer, get your deposite back and thank the salesperson for an awesome car :D

goodluck with your future purchase.
-breandly

Peking
06-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Out the door for $17K is a good deal on a brand new car. It's not a steal, but for not even haggling, it's alright. It seems like there aren't as many '04s and they are selling better than previous years, so I doubt you're going to pick up a new car for what they were going for a year or two ago. If I were you, I'd go for it.

Yep, better than the $17,900 my friend was working with a couple months ago for a 2004 SI :)

Type X
06-23-2004, 03:53 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?p=468197#post468197

RMC22
06-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Pretty good deal. 500 bucks less and you've got a sweet deal. Unless you have low taxes in Mass. I'm figuring at 7% since my taxes are 8.775%.

i-vtec04si
06-23-2004, 11:58 PM
damnit i payed sticker price for mine i got suckered!!!!!!!!! but i still love it.

ragebomb
06-24-2004, 12:10 AM
That's not bad. My 02 Si was on the lot a year when I walked in, and they still took me for $16,900, before taxes, etc. I'm still kicking myself.

Black 02 SI
06-24-2004, 01:05 AM
to bad yur not in NJ. my dad could get ya a nice deal. he works at honda. mine out the door almost 2 yrs ago was 14,400 after taxes, title, blah blah. :) i'd say if you can hold off a fewe more months wait till the 05's come out, or try and fine a left over 03.

SiGuy
06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
17000 out the door is a great deal. MSRP is 19560, invoice is around 16000. So when you figure in taxes, doc fee, he's selling it at invoice or below depending on what your tax is and his doc fee. There is a little dealer cash right now. If he's bieng straight up on a new ep, jump on it.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
That is a pretty good deal on a brand new 04. I would jump on it if I where you.

phatsi
06-26-2004, 06:27 AM
That's and OK deal.... but I got my 03 new for 15,800!!!!!

pedzola
06-27-2004, 06:24 AM
17k out the door is a phenomenal deal. I don't understand how some of you people claim to be getting cars for less than 16k before tax/title/reg.

I haggled for a week to get my '03's price down to $16,900, and that was in october right before the '04's came out. My OTD was 18,300 and I thought that was a pretty good deal....

Like other people have said, MSRP is like 19,500. Since when do you see any honda selling for $3000 below MSRP?

downhil
06-27-2004, 08:04 AM
dealers will always sell at invoice. they pay interest on every car sitting in the lot every day. they want to get the cars off the lot so they can order a new pilot which they can load a ton of accessories on. anyway, back to the point, they will sell at invoice because of dealer holdback. every car has some amount of holdback on it....honda sends them a check for whatever the holdback is and you never know about it. usually around 500-1000 bucks.

SinisterCivicSi
06-27-2004, 08:44 AM
you might wanna look into a buyers group - if you belong to a credit union they can help you or you can look in your local phone book. i didnt check your location but there are some all over the U.S.

I went thru United Buyers where i told them what car i wanted, they told me what dealer to go to and what salesperson to talk to. Basically what it is, is a wholesale price on that car with that dealer they told you. I made an appt. with the sales guy, picked out the car i wanted and he looked in his book for the price. I got the si for 16,200 (its a set fee, they cant haggle) with any accesories i wanted at dealer cost. (they were listed too). I got about a grand worth of accessories for free however because i didnt want any accessories, so they just gave them to me. I also didnt have to pay the dreaded freight fee, which could run up to 500-600 bucks depending on where you are. Out the door with my extended warranty (also got a discount on that) taxes and tags i was in the high 17's. The other good thing about the buying service is that if you think you were overcharged, you can fax the invoice to the company, they will audit it and if it is too high, the dealer has to bring the price down. i did this but i was told my price was several hundred under where it should be, of course i didnt say anything to the dealer.

This is also when the car was brand new to honda, you could probablly get MUCH better deals on it now because the sales are horrible (at least over here in maryland). it might be something to look into at least. I liked doing it this way because i didnt have to play the game of price wars, i went in, picked my car, they showed me the price and i was happy.

slave0ne
06-27-2004, 09:22 AM
I got my '04 last march for 16,400...
Out the door it came to approximately 17,300.

But I did get 1,500 on my 174,000 mile subaru legact GT(which had a head gasket leak which I forgot to mention to the asshole dealership).

Your getting a good deal...go wiith it.

VietSi
06-28-2004, 10:49 AM
I got mine for $15,900 back in '02.....2 weeks later I saw them advertise for $14,999. I was pissed.

evilep3
06-28-2004, 11:13 AM
got mine for 18,100 OTD..

i would buy mikes care if i were you.

WannaBeJRSC
06-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey SinisterCivicSi, whats the websites name.. tried a search on goggle, couldn't find anything...

White Magic 04

SiGuy
06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
dealers will always sell at invoice. they pay interest on every car sitting in the lot every day. they want to get the cars off the lot so they can order a new pilot which they can load a ton of accessories on. anyway, back to the point, they will sell at invoice because of dealer holdback. every car has some amount of holdback on it....honda sends them a check for whatever the holdback is and you never know about it. usually around 500-1000 bucks.
Actually every car does NOT have holdback on it. Civics and Accords have holdbacks right now, that's it. I don't think we've ever had holdback on Pilots.
And no, we will not always sell everything at invoice. Civics and Accords just about always, other models are dependant on avalibility, holdbacks, coditions andhowmonth is going (amount of gross, units). But yes, we will sell ep's for invoice and into holdback which I think is 800 so 17k out the door is a helluva deal on a new 04. Buy it. If you really want to get funky, if you are financing that is, you could finance 19k and get them to cut you a check for 2k use it for mods. There will be interest involved but we have 2.9 on civics for 60 mos if you qualify. If you are buying cash, none of this applies.

TrippZ
06-29-2004, 08:57 AM
i dont think its that bad at all we paid 19.6 before ttl

btw, its the #3 dealership, unless you mean in Cali. Theres the #1 dealership and Lute Riley Honda here in dallas and they switch back and forth every year about whose #1...

EP3Lovin
06-29-2004, 09:52 AM
I'd say it's a pretty good deal but you can probably get it a little lower.
When I picked up my '03, I went through the Internet Sales guy and was looking at 17,000 before I even walked in the door. Once I got there, I complained about the color (didn't originally want VBP) and they knocked off 700, so I was looking at 16,300 OTD (according to them). I ended up trading in my 00 EX and took 4,000 off that 16,300 and walked out paying a little over 13k.

Hey, if you're gonna go to Boch, tell 'em Hillman sent ya!! LOL :D

dvs618
07-09-2004, 04:18 PM
it depend where you live first of all, I live in Cali and near SF and had to drive across the golden gate bridge to a hick town Petaluma for a 04 civic si white for $16,888 before tax, after tax total was $18,499. I think i got a good price because i went to 4 other dealer and they would even go near it.

Rob