PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Recaros

HASNIC
06-24-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm pretty sure someone on here fitted some DC5 JDM recaros to their Si?

A friend is in the postion to get some and we were wondering what excatly needs to be done to get them to fit? Can you just use the Subframes from the EP3 JDM Recaros replacing the DC5 ones?

Or is the only way you can do it by actually modifying the DC5 sub frames to get it to fit?

Cheers :)

oogy-boogy
06-24-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm pretty sure someone on here fitted some DC5 JDM recaros to their Si?

A friend is in the postion to get some and we were wondering what excatly needs to be done to get them to fit? Can you just use the Subframes from the EP3 JDM Recaros replacing the DC5 ones?

Or is the only way you can do it by actually modifying the DC5 sub frames to get it to fit?

Cheers :)

Mike (Type X) has them in his EP. Three holes on the seat rails will line up and bolt right in. The fourth will sit higher than the hole and will need to be modified or sit as is. His seats only have 3 bolts holding them in.

Also, I can't remember if they hade the SRS connections for the airbags.

HASNIC
06-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Thanks alot buddy :)

oogy-boogy
06-25-2004, 04:47 AM
Thanks alot buddy :)
Noooooo problem :D

Type X
06-27-2004, 01:58 PM
the last hole will have to be modified for the EASIEST way
find another oem seat rail
have htem cut the bolt bracket
and weld to the dc5 ones ;)

good luck

redronin22
06-28-2004, 11:47 PM
or...

you can fit a few spacers/washers under that area an bolt it in. i will have pics tomorrow. =-)

Trung_EP3CTR
07-02-2004, 06:21 AM
i will have pics tomorrow. =-)
have you got the pics yet?

HASNIC
07-02-2004, 08:04 AM
or...

you can fit a few spacers/washers under that area an bolt it in. i will have pics tomorrow. =-)

Would definately be good to see the pics and good to see ya Trung :D

redronin22
07-11-2004, 12:15 PM
pictures of spacers....http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDY5OTE3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDY5OTE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDY5OTIzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg just add about 4 washers ( the gap might be as much as 5mm )

Type X
07-11-2004, 02:41 PM
those are Dc5 rails?

looks nothing like the ones i have and my friend has

redronin22
07-11-2004, 02:46 PM
these are not dc-5 rails. these are "custom" rails"

tsxdriver
07-13-2008, 03:15 AM
search is your friend!

sorry to bring back such an old thread but i was just wondering what the best soultion is for this? i'm looking into purchasing a set of DC5 Recaros but they won't be coming with any rails. from what i gather, the stock usdm seat rails will not work with the DC5 recaros right? what's my best/easiest solution to getting these in if i decide to purchase them?

talonXracer
07-13-2008, 05:33 AM
I am sure you can find a set of DC5 seat rails to use.

You will need alot more than a few washers as mentioned earlier, the factory DC5 rail needs a 1" spacer under the inner rear mount, and the bolt hole in the seat rail will need to be elongated to match the chassis bolt hole location. Like this...
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0421.jpg

player757
07-13-2008, 06:20 AM
i got dc5 recaros in my car and i just have a few washers as spacers. although im using this setup i do not in any way suggest doing this. i feel as its very unsafe in the event of a crash that i dont have the proper seat rails. also having these seats i cannot turn off my srs light(correct me if im wrong) so no airbags + passably unsafe seats = no good.

tsxdriver
07-13-2008, 11:24 AM
I am sure you can find a set of DC5 seat rails to use.

You will need alot more than a few washers as mentioned earlier, the factory DC5 rail needs a 1" spacer under the inner rear mount, and the bolt hole in the seat rail will need to be elongated to match the chassis bolt hole location. Like this...
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0421.jpg

awesome! thanks for the info!

i got dc5 recaros in my car and i just have a few washers as spacers. although im using this setup i do not in any way suggest doing this. i feel as its very unsafe in the event of a crash that i dont have the proper seat rails. also having these seats i cannot turn off my srs light(correct me if im wrong) so no airbags + passably unsafe seats = no good.

good to know man! thanks for the heads up!

does anyone know a way to turn off the srs light? being that this is my daily driver i would want my airbags to work in case of an accident! *knocks on wood* any tricks to make them work???

VegaS10
07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
On mine I just transferred the seatbelt bracket with the ABS junk on it.

Plugged/bolted right up and no SRS light.

tsxdriver
07-13-2008, 03:57 PM

do you have any pics of when you installed them in your ep?

ep-unit
07-13-2008, 04:02 PM
bought those DC-5 recaros didnt you, saw those seat i was going to buy those instead on my EP3 recaros but they didn't come with rails

oogy-boogy
07-13-2008, 08:20 PM

Exactly. Just swap the ep3 buckles in.

player757
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
wish i would have though of that now i gotta get some ep3 buckles

VegaS10
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
do you have any pics of when you installed them in your ep?

It's ridiculously straight forward.

I recieved mine from hmotorsonline. Came with rails, brackets, everything. Minty fresh.

I yanked the factory seats out, used a 17mm or 19mm socket, pulled off the single bolt holding the seatbelt on and transferred it to the Recaros. The JDM seat buckle is too small anyways. The EP3 srs crap is connected to the seatbelt buckle.

Bolt the recaros in, plug up the SRS crap and enjoy.

It's a VERY VERY VERY simple procedure.

tsxdriver
08-29-2008, 10:23 PM
so i bought the DC5 recaros and i was also able to source the rails. will the stock ep sliders work with the DC5 rails or do i need to source the DC5 specific raills?

VegaS10
08-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Mine came as a complete assembly. I don't know if they are interchangable.

Give it a try!