PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* list your factory defects

2K2SSM
10-29-2002, 11:19 AM
And what have you done to fix the problem?

1. The silver plating on my e-brake button is chipping off.

2. Bumper isn't flush with the rear quarter panel.

3. Wind noise over 60 mph.

I haven't taken it in yet 'cause I don't think they'll do anything about it.

SiCivic2k2
10-29-2002, 12:43 PM
I have about 11,000 miles on my car

1. rear bumper isn't flush with quarter panel.
2. Occasional grinding when trying to go into 2nd and 3rd gear when I have the clutch FULLY depressed. (only at high rpms)

Havn't taken it in because I don't want to tell them it only happens at high rpms and then have them go dog my car to try and make the car do it again and it not do it, and then have my car given back to me and they say nothing's wrong. :)

jaydub
10-29-2002, 12:46 PM
So far my problems are:

*__________.
*__________.

Not a damn thing. I think you guys are nitpicking. It's a machine with moving parts. It's also an economy car, not a BMW.

2k2civicSi
10-29-2002, 12:47 PM
1. The silver plating on my e-brake button is chipping off.

2. Bumper isn't flush with the rear quarter panel.

3. seat make noise

4. Tranny is all f**ked up

SiCivic2k2
10-29-2002, 12:54 PM
I don't think we're nit picking at all. I think you're just fortunate and don't have any problems. I paid $22,000 after TT&L for my car and I expect it to perform like a $22,000 car. :)

IceD out N CALI
10-29-2002, 01:04 PM
my only problem is the weather stripping on the driver window seal. not a biggie but still bugs

jaydub
10-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
I don't think we're nit picking at all. I think you're just fortunate and don't have any problems. I paid $22,000 after TT&L for my car and I expect it to perform like a $22,000 car. :)

ouch. :o

sonic imperial
10-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Lots of interior rattles, but then again every honda I've owned has had them.

Occasional grind going from 1st to 2nd with clutch pushed to the floor when shifting. Happens at higher RPMs.

Clunky transmission when starting off in first gear. Makes a popping sound when the clutch engages right as you give it gas.

Brakes pop alot, especially in the rear.

I still consider it an economy car though, so as long as it gets me from point A to B, it's done it's job.

Gasp23
10-29-2002, 01:37 PM
no complaints here

PBN
10-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
So far my problems are:

*__________.
*__________.

Not a damn thing. I think you guys are nitpicking. It's a machine with moving parts. It's also an economy car, not a BMW.

I agree with you, it's a man-made machine with zillions of moving parts. I agree, that is, right up to the part where you say it's not a BMW. Are you saying that if it were a BMW it would be worth bitching about? Or is it that the BMW wouldn't have little problems like that to bitch about?
As a recent (real recent: 3 months ago sold) owner of a 2001 BMW 325Ci, I can tell you that it was certainly no Honda. I purchased it new from the factory in December of 2000 and drove it 18K miles when I decided to sell it. During that time, it had 4 thermostats, 2 passenger window regulators, 1 driver seatbelt assembly, 1 cracked door sill, moonroof stuck open, water leaked in through both doors and rear-seat windows (whether rain or carwash). It got a whopping 18 mpg on the highway, and that was 5-speed manual, and it creaked and groaned over the slightest bumpy roads like a 10-year old truck.
Luckily all of the 'problems' were covered under the warranty and didn't cost me a penny more than the $38 grand I paid for it. (sarcasm intended there) I'm just glad I was able to crawl out from under it when I did. But, it sure was a looker. Pussy magnet times 10.
Yep, a Honda is definitely no BMW. And that, I'm happy about. Especially since I now own two of 'em. By the way, aside from my steering wheel being sorta crooked, my Si is near perfect.

ep3
10-29-2002, 01:58 PM
damn i'm glad to find out it just isn't my silver plating on my e-brake button that was chipping off. even though alot of people find that to be a small thing, it still pisses me off!!!!:mad:

2K2SSM
10-29-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2

Yep, I paid that fat $22,000 also. I just HAD to have it when it first came out. I was up for a trade-in anyway. :p So no, I don't feel I am nit-picking. I just feel that some of the materials Honda decided to use are inferior and don't hold up. I have a measly 5200 miles on my car. That is a little under 6 months old! Oh, and my seat belt rubs my beautiful seats and is rubbing a "shiny" spot on the bolster.

This is my 3rd Honda, 2nd one purchased brand new. All I can compare my car to is my previous rides and I've never seen anything like this. :(

Az02Si
10-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Im having odd tranny issues that im going to have Honda look at.First one is the LOUD "WHIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR" noise the car makes at idle until the clutch is depressed,then it goes away.But comes back as soon as the car is still and whenever the clutch is out.Im thinking the Pressure Plate and Throw out bearing are checking out on me already....The other is when first starting of in first gear, sometimes ill hit the clutch and go to second and it makes a loud CLUNK and the whole car jolts and it sounds like i was either trying to shift without the clutch,or the friggin tranny is about to fall off in the street.Its really damn annoying and its starting to piss me off,a new car shouldnt have tranny gremlins like this.HONESTLY,i think my 00 was more trouble free than this car is,but hell thats just my opinion.

02blksi
10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
No problems to report.. knocks on wood. --joe

Burgh
10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
1. Engine drinks oil in large quantities
2. Crunch/Scratch noise immediately after car starts moving in first gear (only happens first thing in the morning)
3. Moonroof rattle when the headliner is open
4. Creak from the a/c vent to the left of the steering wheel.
5. Shifter sometimes pops out when I try to shift from first to second (almost like it wasn't in there fully to begin with or something)

Pradamuimui
10-29-2002, 04:40 PM
Ok here are my defects!!

1. I have a leak somehwere in the rear part of my car that is causing the trunk to flood!!
2. My heater sytsem is DEAD...it doesnt work at all!!
3. I have this violent shaking going on in the front of my car!!

All of these problems are going to be checked out this Thurs. the 31st!!! So once I find out what all of the problems are caused from I will let you all know!

BlasTech
10-29-2002, 05:01 PM
1. Metallic CREAK from passenger side exterior panel (somewhereaa) when the car is warm and shifts weight forward or backward.:o

Everything else is superduper.:)

HS8
10-29-2002, 05:20 PM
question, will honda dealership fix these problems, i know they are small problems, but still when december comes along i plan on getting one, and i don't want so many problems.

BlasTech
10-29-2002, 05:53 PM
I've had mine in, and they acknowledged there is something wrong and they will fix it, but getting the right timing with my schedule is screwing things up.

I do need the car every day.:rolleyes:

LordKoo
10-29-2002, 08:13 PM
667 miles, less than a month old:

1) front wheels out of alightment
2) dealer sractched the front wheels during the process and damaged my sunshade and displaced my air cap.
3) paint defection on the roof
4) leaking water in the spare tire compartment (the dealer fixed it they said the sealant between the bodies covered by the bumper is not there)

My 2 cents worth: if I need a ford, I will buy a ford, I want a Honda, I ended with a ford-honda. I expect zero problem from Honda, period.

If I have a BMW or Mercedes, I would not mind such problem as they will resolve it to my satisfaction. And there will be loaner car waiting for me. Not me fighting for a loaner car or waiting for loaner car. I think the extra money is worth the trouble.

HS8
10-29-2002, 08:41 PM
wow lots of problems...

2k2SiAutoXer
10-29-2002, 11:09 PM
with over 9k on the clock, not one problem the car itself. I did have a left front tire take a shit on me. I think all these creaks and slight bumps that everyone is hearing are not problems if nothing is broken. A car will make noises, it will settle, it will flex. If there is no real defect, just turn the radio up a bit louder and drive happy knowing that your car will last you at least 200k miles if you take care of it.

----Tom

sonic imperial
10-30-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Burgh
1. Engine drinks oil in large quantities
2. Crunch/Scratch noise immediately after car starts moving in first gear (only happens first thing in the morning)
4. Creak from the a/c vent to the left of the steering wheel.
5. Shifter sometimes pops out when I try to shift from first to second (almost like it wasn't in there fully to begin with or something)

I have the identical problems except for numbers 1 and 4. Glad to here someone else gets that scratch sound. It's really weird, but hopefully not hurting anything. I did some testing to see if I can duplicate the scratch sound at any other time and I can actually make it happen each time after cranking the car up. It

SBC31
10-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
It's also an economy car, not a BMW.

Not too upset anyone but BMW's even have defects. You should check out some of the Bimmer boards out there...

silver ep
10-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Steering wheel makes a rattling noise when I go over bumps. Drives me insane!:mad:

jaydub
10-30-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SBC31

Not too upset anyone but BMW's even have defects. You should check out some of the Bimmer boards out there...

My comparison was more figurative than anything. What I mean is that people are looking for their cars to be more than they are.

Burgh
10-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sonic imperial

I have the identical problems except for numbers 1 and 4. Glad to here someone else gets that scratch sound. It's really weird, but hopefully not hurting anything.

sonic: I talked to a Honda mechanic this morning about that problem. He said that it might just be the calipers settling in when you first start moving after turning on the car. That would explain why it happens even when you're not in gear and just rolling downhill. Apparently our calipers float a bit when not in use.

Also, I couldn't get the 1st gear popping out problem to happen when he was on the test drive dammit!

rick77f
10-30-2002, 12:36 PM
1. Industrial Fallout
2. Parking Brake out of adjustment (No biggie)
3. Steering wheel crooked
4. Wheel alignment way off.
5. Rear speakers loose
6. Improperly mounted coolant bottle. Front of car had to be removed as well as radiator, alternator.
7. Transmission thumps hard during 3-2 or 2-1. Sometimes doesn't like going into 3rd.
8. 2 vacuum leaks.
9. Plastic finishing clips flying out of seat track.

You should see my car. I baby it like it was priceless. I change oil way early(and have no consumption problems), and I follow the preventative maintenance schedule on the money. My brother had a 1987 Accord HB, my father an 84 and 87 CRX, 91 Civic HB, and a 97 Accord coupe. The quality and longevity of these vehicles were/are impeccable. My Si is not. I think Honda is dropping the ball, and I will not buy one again. Going cheap is going to hurt them in the end.

its raining
10-30-2002, 01:03 PM
i smell something burning sometimes, like burn rubber smell. is it just me or is something amiss? maybe its my driving, i ride the clutch too long? o well. other than that, everything is great.

dustinhurley
10-30-2002, 01:28 PM
1 seat makes popping noise
2 Driver window makes noises and sometimes the auto-down funtion doesnt work properly
3 Major brake problems, but it was most likely caused by another mechanic. My car has been at Honda for 2 weeks now, brakes totally disassembled, waiting for parts that are on nationwide backorder.

I've had the car 4 months and have had:
1 wheel bearing and 16 wheel studs replaced ($950 out of pocket) A set of 4 week old Racing Hart wheels stolen. And now 2 front rotors have "hot spots" and 2 front backing plates are cracked (on backorder). It's been an adventure.

grooveline
10-30-2002, 04:45 PM
If I may.... this is a new design. A motor head I know stated that you never by the first edition of any type of car. You wait for a few editions until all the bugs are worked out. I just wish I had the patience to wait.

Dallas2k2Si
10-30-2002, 06:31 PM
1). left rear bumper and quarter panel are flush when it's cold outside, but off a little bit in warm weather.

2). left hand front window seal snapped in half just above the angle away from the mirror housing. Made lots of wind noise. Dealer fixed (replaced parts) immediately under warranty.

3). front brake pads "click" on first application of the day - not a big issue.

I haven't run into any other problems. Car is at 8500 miles. MPG is holding higher than I got off the '99 Si.

Dallas2k2Si
10-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Burgh

This may sound nuts, but it works. With the moonroof flipped in the up position, simply apply armor-all to the bottom of the rubber gasket around the glass. Rattle stops.

My '99 Si did this also and I had to do the same to it. There was a factory bulletin about it on the '99 where a liner could be placed in the seal to make it not rattle, but I never took it in. Just kept the armor all handy.

Steve02Si
10-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Ive had my EP for a couple months now, and I'm about ready to get rid of the POS! Here's what's wrong with it (so far)...

Battery light will start to flicker then come on solid. If I rev it up over 4k it goes out and usually doesnt do it again the rest of the time I'm driving, although lately it seems more likely to come on again during the same drive. (Dealer said maybe the belt is loose... umm, sir.... it's a serpentine belt)

I was driving along with the heat blowing on floor and suddenly I felt air blowing on my face. Now, no matter where the setting it, it blows out the side vents on the dash (not the middle ones).???!?!?
(Dealer said it's supposed to be that way, when I take it in for service I'll have to drag the idiot out to one on the lot!)

I recently noticed on a slight hill that the e-brake barely works, have to really yank it to stop the car from rolling. I was later parked on relatively flat ground, came out and found my car half into a 4 lane highway!

Funny, this car replaced an '87 Corolla with 187k and still ticking. I decided to get a brand new car (always swore I wouldnt) because of a new job which means over 25k a year. Figured I'd go for something reliable that I wouldnt have to worry about every time I got in... Guess I should have kept the Corolla.

Sorry, I posted this on a new thread... just looking for as much feedback as possible.

kc2480
10-31-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by SBC31

Yeah....I paid a hefty amount for an 01 M3...and that thing squeaks even more than our civic... I actually like the bulit quality of the civic since it "only" has rattles around the sunroof area... lol...how ironic.

The M3 is fast, stable, and very very advanced. However it is because of those advances that creates all those little problems with in the car. For a long time the door panels won't stop squeaking, as well as the real deck and the rear seat folding areas. The navigation crashes like an old windows 3.1. I had to use dynamat to cure rattles, and update my own damn navigation...

And as of dealer experience... BMW dealers SUCKED! I have went in with all these problems and they can never solve it. I think i'm treated better with honda dealers than bmw dealers..which is a shame given bmw's customer base and the "ultimate driving machine" slogan they advertise so much about.

So yeah, bottom line is that BMW isn't all people think they are, aside from those little problems i get i also have to deal with the potential of a blown engine... anyone following the M3 board would know that. However i still love my M3 and would give bmw another chance, cause that car is just too much of a machine!

http://www.geocities.com/kc2480/images/DSC00018_JPG.jpg

sonic imperial
10-31-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by grooveline
If I may.... this is a new design. A motor head I know stated that you never by the first edition of any type of car. You wait for a few editions until all the bugs are worked out. I just wish I had the patience to wait.

I've heard that before too and it makes sense, but I owned a 2000 civic EX and a 2001 accord EX and both had mutliple problems. So that pretty much blows that out of the water for me anyway. As long as we don't have MAJOR problems, then I think we'll be ok. Plus having 100k mile warranty is peace of mind. If for some reason the car starts acting up on a constant basis, then I'll have to consider a replacement. My mom owned a 2002 jeep cherokee and it had 4 recalls on it in 6 months, look how long they've been around.

LordKoo
10-31-2002, 09:20 AM
whatever it is, the bottomline is, Honda is the grand marque of Japanese maker. Such problems should *never* exist on Hondas.

I am surprised and upset with so many problems that EP owners have to face. I am not excuse from it either. I am fighting to get my money back from this three week old EP with 4 problems already.

I personally would go Mercedes next round. My Dad's C-coupe kompressor has been running beautifully since the day it came off the showroom floor.

cbecker333
10-31-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by 2K2SSM

Yep, I paid that fat $22,000 also. I just HAD to have it when it first came out. I was up for a trade-in anyway. :p So no, I don't feel I am nit-picking. I just feel that some of the materials Honda decided to use are inferior and don't hold up. I have a measly 5200 miles on my car. That is a little under 6 months old! Oh, and my seat belt rubs my beautiful seats and is rubbing a "shiny" spot on the bolster.

This is my 3rd Honda, 2nd one purchased brand new. All I can compare my car to is my previous rides and I've never seen anything like this. :(

You ARE nitpicking. Have you ever had suede leather on anything before? When you rub it, it gets shiny and less soft. The driver/passenger seatbelt is going to do that to every single one of our cars and you best get used to it. It doesn't look bad, just used...because you used it countless times to strap yourself in over the last 5,000 miles, silly.

I have >7k miles no problems w/my Si except cruise just recently stopped working.

Az02Si
10-31-2002, 09:53 AM
My cruise control stopped working the day i got the car...But low and behold i noticed a plastic cover with a turn clip under the dash that wrapped around the clutch pedal.I removed it and the CC started to work again.It was actually keeping the clutch depressed about half an inch and didnt let the cruise come on! take a look at that!.

bmx269
10-31-2002, 11:44 AM
Pradamuimui and anyone else with heat problems, I started having the same thing, I turn the temp nob hot or cold and no change, I was about to take it in, but before I did I checked the connections. In behind the controls, check that all the plugs are firmly connected. Mine was just slightly not connected. I pushed it very slightly in and it clicked. Boom, the system works perfectly now. Just check that. It may help alot. If it does not, then I suggest bitching. :)

bsdbytes
10-31-2002, 12:12 PM
My hatch only has 1200 miles, but there have been a few problems already.

- Rear spoiler replaced (wouldn't stay put.)
- Trim around passenger door came off.
- Exhuast pipe was loose (made noise on turns.)

I haven't experienced any oil consumption though.

Mike

cbecker333
10-31-2002, 12:28 PM
Apparently the originally planned calipers for our EPs didn't work out for some reason, so the ones honda went with ended up being too small or something. Anyway, the result of all this is that the pads are somehow "reset" the first time they squeeze after sitting parked for a while. This noise is perfectly normal to hear from any or all 4 wheels, and most owners I have talked to have also noticed it. You should only hear this sound once, the first time you use your brakes after un-parking, and not again until you've parked the car and started again.

Happy driving...

Peking
11-07-2002, 06:26 PM
I have 4500 miles on my Si and I had to get an ailignment, rotate and balance my tires. That fixed the steering problem. I get a strange wind noise above 60 ( doesn't happen always). Even when I'm slowing down to a stop and the car is bearly moving it's hard to use second to go, but even harder to put it into first. I have to stop completly and even then it takes two tries to get it into first right. Other then that I have no other problems.

civic hatch boi
11-07-2002, 06:47 PM
my only complaint is that the shift knob reminds me of a weener.. so everytime i grab it, i get turned on. damn this thing. why does it have to be so nice and smooth

FailureToStop
11-07-2002, 11:50 PM
I don't have problems with my EP, but then again I only have 300 mi on it. I didn't have any problems at all with my '89 Si (made in Ontario) and I believe the '89 was the first year of that generation.

Do you guys think that maybe its because our cars were made in England? You guys remember the Acura Legend and its English counterpart? I don't recall the name of the car, but the English version was supposed to be just like the Acura and yet they sucked richard when it came to reliability. Maybe its because the English don't make as good cars as the Canadians? :)

rick77f
11-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Sterling if I recall, Honda powertrains in Rover bodies with Lucas electrics.

si666
11-08-2002, 03:10 AM
The only complaint so far is the off center steering wheel. Other than that it's AOK...knock on wood...Then again I only have 300 miles.....:D

sammysir
11-08-2002, 06:13 AM
I agree that there must be no quality control at the UK Swindo plant. this is disgusting.... i have had these problems
1.driver window regulator replaced 3 because it stops working......
2. rear speaker rattle
3. driver window weather stripping replaced
4. sunroof squeeked like mad. i backyarded a fix for this. pm if your interested
5. glove box squeeks due to improper handle size.
6. bumpers don't sit flush.
7. and all kinds of frigging valve noise at 16000kms

and thank god the ep's don't have honda's quality renowned power antenae's or im sure that wouldn't work either

BTW my folk's 93 camry which since bought has only gotten new tires, brakes and a battery has 20+ less problems than my new 02 Si.

Should of bought a toyota

cbecker333
11-08-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by sammysir
I agree that there must be no quality control at the UK Swindo plant. this is disgusting.... i have had these problems
1.driver window regulator replaced 3 because it stops working......
2. rear speaker rattle
3. driver window weather stripping replaced
4. sunroof squeeked like mad. i backyarded a fix for this. pm if your interested
5. glove box squeeks due to improper handle size.
6. bumpers don't sit flush.
7. and all kinds of frigging valve noise at 16000kms

and thank god the ep's don't have honda's quality renowned power antenae's or im sure that wouldn't work either

BTW my folk's 93 camry which since bought has only gotten new tires, brakes and a battery has 20+ less problems than my new 02 Si.

Should of bought a toyota

Its kinda silly to say that your car's issues are an accurate prediction of what will happen to everyone elses. I've had to take the car in for service only twice in 7500 miles. Once, it was for a leaky valve stem in a tire (slow leak). The other time it was for a creak that had developed in a trunk area and a click that my clutch pedal was making. In both of these cases, I thought the issues were so minor that I almost didn't take the car in to honda. Some people on this forum will tell you that in 10000 miles, they have had 0 problems. I hate to burst your buble, but there's probably a toyota or 2 out there that has been as much of a lemon as your Si.

midas
05-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Thats great in theory but can you imagine what our economy would be like if no one trusted car companies to release decent cars in the first round?

So I guess your eyeing an SI coupe about now?

Originally posted by grooveline

l33t
05-12-2003, 06:43 PM
loose rear speakers,

car is actually in the shop right now for a new transmission and clutch
honda is voiding my transmission warranty

i have to pay for my clutch, which is $300

i have rattling in my front right suspension wheel area somewhere

am I buying a new honda after this? probably not

i am a full time student in 11th grade, honda claims i have been racing my car hardcore, they actually said that, i maybe run it hard once every 2-3 weeks not really at all in between those periods, and i am not a bad driver, me having to pay my car note and insurance, then they rape me for $300 is not cool, these goofs don't even know the car that well, and i will have to buy some more gas because when i had to take my car to the body shop ( my mom hit my door) they drove my car around for a good 1/4 tank and left 2 little metallic fingerprints on my steering wheel, probably only needs some rubbing alcohol to remove though, i bet they drive it alot this time too

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 08:10 PM
damn...go to a different dealer for service next time. I'm pretty sure you can choose to do that.

Mugen Power
05-12-2003, 09:20 PM
I dunno, but I think the quality of Honda cars might be on a slight decline. The 3 Hondas in my family are a 93 Accord, 98 Accord, and this 02 Civic Si. And they rate with the least amount of problems/niggles to the most, in that order. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that out of those three, only the 93 Accord was a Japanese design? The 98 Accord is pretty much all American and the Civic is British... That's just my idea, take it or leave it.

cmk05
05-13-2003, 12:03 PM
@ 6k mi.

my coworker just noticed today on our way to lunch that the little round labels marking the far right and left vent dials are just cheap stickers and that they're in the process of coming off.

DAMN YOU HONDA!!!

actually - the car's holding up pretty well. but i got a feeling she won't be rattle-free much longer. she's just doesn't feel as solid over the 'joltier' bumps on these krappie-ass snowbelt roads. nothing makes me crazier than squeaks and rattles.

OdysseySi
09-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Its kinda silly to say that your car's issues are an accurate prediction of what will happen to everyone elses. I've had to take the car in for service only twice in 7500 miles. Once, it was for a leaky valve stem in a tire (slow leak). The other time it was for a creak that had developed in a trunk area and a click that my clutch pedal was making. In both of these cases, I thought the issues were so minor that I almost didn't take the car in to honda. Some people on this forum will tell you that in 10000 miles, they have had 0 problems. I hate to burst your buble, but there's probably a toyota or 2 out there that has been as much of a lemon as your Si.

Damn, why do you have to make so much sense?

You'll find this on any forum about cars. Only the people with problems are really vocal. The people with no problems for the most part ignore those threads.

Search for problems in any forum focused on new cars, you'll find people reporting problems, no matter the brand.

Don't make generalizations based on anecdotes.

edit:

Sorry guys, wasn't paying attention. Shoot me now to take the place of the ressurected thread.

Finger
09-28-2003, 06:13 PM
1-Praking brake loose, ajusted 2 times.
2-Rattling from rear right speaker, waiting for a new grid.
3-A very annoying rattle from the roof/antenna/spoiler around 100 km/h (60 miles/h)
4-Shifting knob was rotating on itself
5-Humidity smell from half-close drain in A/C

well that's it. the most annoying is the antenna noise, but they said they fixed it friday (after 3 times) :D and when i tested it after it was still making the same noise :( the guy said they tested it up to 140 km/h... These guys are so disappointing.

(Excuse my french-canadian english ;))

civicracer1128
09-28-2003, 10:46 PM
well ive got about 120 miles on my ep and i love it. cant find too many real problems. i got some nitpicky type shit but thats all. i have satin silver and theres a couple spots on the car where theres a tad more pearl making that spot look a little lighter. upon inspection its not any difference in color just the amount of pearl or sparkles in the area;) ive seen it before on many a silver car though so im not worried. just like how black getts swirled easy. my door rattles a little when i shut it but im sure i can fix that when i have time. trans is a little notchy but what modern 5 speed isnt...seats are awsome!!!!!!!!!!

simann
09-29-2003, 07:30 AM
I have these some problems too!

Transmission synchros suck,( remember the s2000 has been recalled for ths very same thing!) I grind in 2nd and 3rd at high revs.

clutch pedal pops

and the chrome tip on my e-brake lever is chipped severely

and the intake only VTEC, thats just plane gay! gotta do a head swap or a motor swap to get adequit numbers.:mad: :'(

shoulda just paid 3 more grand and got a type-s:confused:

irrational
09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
my only problem is the weather stripping on the driver window seal. not a biggie but still bugs
sounds like we may have the same problem. the rubber window track guide has split into two peices on the passenger side of the car. and yeah that is my only problem too. it bugs the shit out of me!

bloodzombie
09-29-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised at all the complaints about noises. I feel like the interior of my car is very solid.

The only complaint I have in quality is the notchy feeling of the shifter going into second and sometimes third. and one time I got an all-out grind going into second and I'm 99% sure it wasn't my fault.

When I first turn it on, it revs a bit high for a minute, but once I start driving, it goes back to normal, I don't know if that's normal or not, but it doesn't seem like a real issue.

ep3guy
09-29-2003, 12:27 PM
1. rattles all over the place
2. that squeek from the clutch
3. my brakes making that grinding noise that sounds like the pads but the pads are fine and so are the rotors
4. that stupid rattle/squeeking noise from my driver side tweeter

Only two things that bug the crap outta me are #3 and #4. I'll be taking it to the dealer soon to work some of the stuff out.