PDA

View Full Version : Who can work on my xtra 03 ep3 drivetrain ?

ep3drivenrace
06-24-2004, 08:07 AM
OK guys,

this is the deal, i have an extra ep3 drivetrain and I DO NOT want to go boost on my car, instead I would rather go all motor, question is who works on the 03 ep3 2.0 engines and what will it cost? I am wanting some serious work done to it and want it all to look as stock as possible (sleeper!), I figure after I drive my stock one for a while (its only got 3k on it now) I would switch them out and sell my stocker, but keep it until my mosnters built.... any help would be appreciated, like i said i want to do some major mods if possible, thanks n advance ...

ATRIOT
06-24-2004, 08:33 AM
If your looking to do some serious motor work, your best bet might be to start with a K20A2 (Type S) or K20A (Type R) drivetrain. These platforms offer a wider variety of parts options and have a greater potential due to a higher flowing cylinder head. K20A2 + Toda engine kit + Differential, hondata etc would be a great combo.

OK guys,

this is the deal, i have an extra ep3 drivetrain and I DO NOT want to go boost on my car, instead I would rather go all motor, question is who works on the 03 ep3 2.0 engines and what will it cost? I am wanting some serious work done to it and want it all to look as stock as possible (sleeper!), I figure after I drive my stock one for a while (its only got 3k on it now) I would switch them out and sell my stocker, but keep it until my mosnters built.... any help would be appreciated, like i said i want to do some major mods if possible, thanks n advance ...

ep3drivenrace
06-24-2004, 09:49 AM
but i have only the stock si drivetrain in a wrecked car, the others wud cost me a good bit

DynaSpeed
06-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Take it to Payn Technologies.
Since your in ohio it will be fairly close to you (Troy, MI). Get the number and speak to Tom Payn - he will build your motor exactly to your liking, and you will be very pleased with the result.
www.payntechnologies.com

ep3drivenrace
06-24-2004, 04:14 PM
looks like a very nice place im checkin into it 2morro during hours, have u dewalt with them personally?

ep3drivenrace
06-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I am really shooting for around 220 whp all motor, is it possible and wat would it cost? just estimate? only thing is its going to be my daily driver also...

Civicvtec1ps
06-24-2004, 04:29 PM
I am really shooting for around 220 whp all motor, is it possible and wat would it cost? just estimate? only thing is its going to be my daily driver also...
220whp N/A?

Go look for used k20a2 and start from there.

ep3drivenrace
06-24-2004, 04:46 PM
the thing is i have a free si engine, unless i could find some1 that would trade my si + boot for their sir im out of luck, =/ ....

ep3drivenrace
06-24-2004, 07:22 PM
if i could get enough out of my k20a3 drivetrain maybe i could skip all motor and go with a JRSC and JRSC race header, close to 200 whp then, and good throt response w/o a lot of lag, what do you guys think? would it be reliable enough to be my daily driver ?? n e 1 had pros with these? my car only has 3k on it ... what does a k20a3 drivetrain run ????