PDA

View Full Version : CTR Cigarette Lighter

Makross
06-24-2004, 08:56 AM
I really want a cigarette lighter in my car just to finish off my interior ..anyone know where I can find the ctr one??? I dont want a aftermarket or one off another car cuz I'm very anal about fitment and quality..so anything would help thanks fellaz :cool:

DavidT
06-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Well if you really want a CTR one try asking a UK CTR forum or a Japan CTR forum if one of those guys could help you locate and find one. I find some of the UK guys really informative and very helpful in finding me CTR parts. :) In return they really want some stuff from the US too so we can all help each other out.

Deluxe
06-24-2004, 10:31 AM
has anyone tried going to the local dealer and seeing if they can order one from a dealer in the UK

dtexan
06-26-2004, 02:12 AM
What kind of parts do the UK guys want from the US

Kodeen
05-30-2008, 09:44 AM
1) this thread is 4 years old

2) An in-dash cig lighter could be useful. I'm personally planning on doing this because it fills in the stupid hole on the dash, and a 2nd accessory port would be nice.

I plan on copying Talon and using the 8th gen cig lighter, though. Much easier to get.

beechstreet
06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
1) this thread is 4 years old

so why did you bring it back from the grave?

Kodeen
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
so why did you bring it back from the grave?

Damn, mods are making me look bad. There was someone else who bumped it, I guess their post got deleted for postwhoring.

Trust me, I'm not that guy.

bao_pay
06-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Damn, mods are making me look bad. There was someone else who bumped it, I guess their post got deleted for postwhoring.

Trust me, I'm not that guy.

once your get the mod done, post up the pics or send me a pm... i would love to add a cig lighter to the car...

Kodeen
06-02-2008, 12:37 PM
once your get the mod done, post up the pics or send me a pm... i would love to add a cig lighter to the car...

Well Talon already did it, and here's a pic. He also has an Element hazard button.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0686.jpg

his thread is here

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44912

Ep3 No.2
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
i have the authenic ctr one but i relocated it to the buttom power socket because i have the hazard and s2k engine start up top.

thaseint
06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I found a JDM console panel on ebay...came with a JDM shift boot and the lighter for $38 shipped.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/thaseint/111-2.jpg

I sold the JDM boot for $35...so the lighter only cost me $3...ebay has it's moments. It even came with the emergency hazard button...so I could probably sale that and actually make money from this mod. :msmile:

Installing it was very easy (plug/play), since I just wanted to remove the 12v outlet all together and not do any rewiring I had to extend the wire by cutting the split wire loop. This was a PITA even with the front console removed.

Unfortunately, I had to get the JDM ashtray as well...that was ~$80. Well worth it...adding a secret stash spot, getting rid of the "do-nothing-button" and adding a lighter.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/thaseint/HPIM0098.jpg

Ep3 No.2
06-02-2008, 12:57 PM
hey seint, jdm is right hand drive. and the center console from rhd ep3's dont fit on the usdm ep3's unless your rhd of course.

you prob have one of the interiors from either the ep1 or ep3 from england

thaseint
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
hey seint, jdm is right hand drive. and the center console from rhd ep3's dont fit on the usdm ep3's unless your rhd of course.

you prob have one of the interiors from either the ep1 or ep3 from england

It was from a JDM/UKDM console (in pretty bad shape too)...I just removed the lighter and fitted it into my LHD console. :msmile:

TheAmericanStig
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
im pretty sure canadian sir's have a cigarette lighter in them. Its like the only difference between the SIR and the SI

ghettotech
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
dude thats preety cool..i might have to get me this