PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed short-shift kit+ aluminum bushings

karxarias
06-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Does anyone have this setup? From all the posts I've read probably everyone and their dog does by now :) I was wondering how long the shift throw is vs. stock with this setup? Does it make it feel notchy like a sequential shifter?

oogy-boogy
06-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Moved to interior...

You will absolutley love the EP that much more. The horizontal throw will stay the same while vertical is cut down dramatically. The Aluminum bushings will give the shifts a more precise/tight feeling. As far as the notchiness, it is a little more noticeable with the SS and bushings installed.

Install time is ~30-45 minutes for doing both at the same time. Very easy...

Also, try a search for Neuspeed SS or aluminum bushings and you'll find a ton of useful posts.

:)

karxarias
06-24-2004, 09:57 AM
I was more looking for some numbers as to how much it's reduced. The stock throw seems to be like what 2-3" or so? With these mods would it be like 1"? 1/2"? That kinda thing :)

oogy-boogy
06-24-2004, 10:14 AM
I was more looking for some numbers as to how much it's reduced. The stock throw seems to be like what 2-3" or so? With these mods would it be like 1"? 1/2"? That kinda thing :)

Ahhh, I hear ya. Unfortunately it's been so long I don't remember. :(

Civicvtec1ps
06-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Neuspeed SS
Aluminum Bushings
Skunk2 Weighted Shift knob = :)

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDQ2NDE3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg