PDA

View Full Version : help please

oompaloompab0i
06-24-2004, 12:57 PM
well i have some kyoguen (is that how you spell it?) lug nut things on my rims, but it seems one of them is stuck. everytime i try to put on the key thing that fits onto it, and spin it, it would spin partially and then pass it, like it was worn down into more of a circle than an octogon...does anyone know how to fix this? or does anyone know what im talking about? thanks :cool:

fsugatorbait
06-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you stripped the nut.

CivilEngSI
06-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Two options:

Impact Driver

Plasma Cutter :D

Peking
06-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Sounds like you stripped the nut.

Yep, PM a member named Hatch, SI hatch he did the same thing and moved to suspension :)

raiyo
06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
get some wd40 with the straw and spray...... the inside of the lug, if u can. then wipe off the extra on the lug nut. let it soak in for alittle, then give it a try. it might help, not sure, but worth a try.

same thing happen to me a week ago. tried to remove my wheel lock, no luck. i thought i bucked up my key. when i put it in, it locks in place, but once i use some strength, it slips. i went to my friend's body shop and they got it off. he said whoever did my lug nuts last time over torqued it. WHICH WAS THEM!

oompaloompab0i
06-24-2004, 03:17 PM
oh my gosh, i just dont wanna fuk up my rims in the process...

raiyo
06-24-2004, 03:47 PM
How is the the key gripping on the lug nuts? When you use your hand to turn the sucker it slips? Or....when u use the wrench and turn the key it slips?

BTW, my rims came out fine. I just needed to replace my wheel lock. Afraid if I put it on again, the next time it wont come off. :winkm:

oompaloompab0i
06-26-2004, 09:16 PM
well, i cant turn it with the key because its too hard :p , but when i use a cross-shaped-thing-that-takes-off-lugnuts and put that onto the key to turn the lugnut, the key keeps slipping off the lugnut. arg...i think im going to try the wd-40 thing, but any other suggestions. it isnt the key though i think, because it works for the rest of the lugnuts.

(on a side note. for kyoguen lugnuts/key, when i use the key on the lugnuts to pull out the lugnuts, it always gets stuck onto the lugnuts and i gotta bang it around to loosen the key off the lugnut;is this normal?)

K20A3Si
06-27-2004, 05:44 PM
i had the same problem with my kyo's lugs...the key stripps more and more everytime you use it

raiyo
06-27-2004, 05:51 PM
go run by a body shop to see if they can remove it for you. Using a torque gun will most likely remove it. That's how I got mine off.

siver-SI
06-27-2004, 06:21 PM
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/19600/19595.JPG I have used this on nuts but never lug nuts. It is snap-on tool NC52. It is a nut splitter.

oompaloompab0i
06-27-2004, 08:15 PM
nut splitter...sounds scary. what exactly does it do? it just breaks the nut?

siver-SI
06-27-2004, 08:30 PM
nut splitter...sounds scary. what exactly does it do? it just breaks the nut?

Yea, but I have also used it just to dig into the nut and then turned it with the tool.