PDA

View Full Version : Type X (Jacka**), or DTH......

Will2K2
10-29-2002, 02:41 PM
can you post a how to on how to remove the factory wing

Mine was a little warped from the factory and the dealer just got the new one in, I won't let them touch the car so I'm going to do it myself.

Pics would be great if you got em

Thanks

W

bmx269
10-29-2002, 03:18 PM
OK, this is an easy job. Open the hatch, there is a plastic cover on the top part of the window that covers the brake light. Remove it. It is just clipped in place. You will then need to remove the light assembly, I believe its bolted in. I am in front of a computer in my office and cant look. Under the light you will find 2 bolts, these are holding the center of the wing in place. Take these out. Then with the hatch open, go to the ends of the wing, under the wing on the door, on the outside part of the inside, does that make sense, there will be another bolt, undo the nut from the bolt, this will be on both sides of the window. After these are removed, the wing is held on by velcro. So it should lift off the car with little force. Assembly is the same. I hope I got this all correct for you. I can take pictures of the bolt locations if you still need help.

Type X
10-29-2002, 04:15 PM
will try to post pics later

thanks for the jackass thing :)

bmx269
10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
were my instructions wrong?

Will2K2
10-30-2002, 08:26 AM
thanks for the input , haven't tried it yet I'll let you know

W

Will2K2
10-30-2002, 01:04 PM
I did it at lunchtime

It took me like 10 mins

The dealer was totally baffled, why I didn't want them doing it.

How was I supposed to explain that I didn't want the monkeys at the dealership touchin my shit?

My EK only went to the dealer once.

W