PDA

View Full Version : lowered problems?

RedLight_Si
06-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Im thinking about lowering my EP and am doing a little research and was wondering if anyone with a lowered suspension has ever expierienced any problems getting their car onto a lift to have work done to their car?(oil change,ect.) For example: A 2 inch drop with no body kit. I like the Neuspeed Race springs and was wondering from those who have them,how do you like them? Hows the ride? Performance? Would they be ok for a daily driver?

Thanks.

DoMahMeGok
06-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Im thinking about lowering my EP and am doing a little research and was wondering if anyone with a lowered suspension has ever expierienced any problems getting their car onto a lift to have work done to their car?(oil change,ect.) For example: A 2 inch drop with no body kit. I like the Neuspeed Race springs and was wondering from those who have them,how do you like them? Hows the ride? Performance? Would they be ok for a daily driver?

Thanks.
I like them, ride is a little bumpy bottom out sometimes, the only performance gain I think is the increase in cornering because of lower CG and some neg camber on the tires. it is on mydaily driver no problems, just dodge the potholes or go really really slow =)

oh, the 2ton jack i have doesnt fit under the jack points anymore, unless you have one of those aluminum ones. you can alwaays jack it up on the chassis though.

chubbychu
06-25-2004, 10:31 PM
yeah if you are worried about getting onto lifts and stuff you might consider a spring that doesnt drop as low. some sportlines or maybe even a prokit. my h&r's are treating me good. but dropping has brought out a lot of negative problems. ie: clunking (fixed by coil isolators) squeaking (fixed by adding lube) and somehow my caster is messed up. so thats werid. but overall if everything goes smooth its one of the most impactual mods ive ever done.

you will learn how to drive with springs and itll become 2nd nature to you. dont worry about the driving part as much as the installing part.

also with my h&r's a floor jack BARELY fits under the jack points...but it does. WHEW and getting onto a lift is hard, but definitely do able.

DarkSiRacer
06-26-2004, 12:04 AM
I went for a smaller drop and stiffer springs to avoid bottoming out and having to worry about hitting when driving... Don't forget to get an alignment and/or camber kit if you drop big.