PDA

View Full Version : Sound Deadening Project

BaNAnABoAt689
06-26-2004, 01:27 AM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDUwMDcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDUwMDcyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Long day working on taken gout the tar from my car! just a few more days to go and ill be done. After taking out all the tar im planing on painting my interior but not quite sure what color. "any suggestions?"

-kevin

dtexan
06-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Just curious but why are you doing all that? Also what part of your interior are you painting?

BaNAnABoAt689
06-26-2004, 02:29 AM
Just curious but why are you doing all that? Also what part of your interior are you painting?

did you know our car has like about 40 pounds of just useless tar. im just doing it for the wieght reduction. the whole interior everything that shows that is metal basically. building a race car. i think it would look tyte when i get my roll cage.

-kevin

dtexan
06-26-2004, 02:34 AM
The tar is not exaclty useless its used for sound deadening but I guess if your making a race car then you dont need it

Peking
06-26-2004, 05:55 AM
did you know our car has like about 40 pounds of just useless tar. im just doing it for the wieght reduction. the whole interior everything that shows that is metal basically. building a race car. i think it would look tyte when i get my roll cage.

-kevin

Kevin there are some really clean hatches around here who have done what you are doing. For example one guy with his EG, has his interior completely silver like the outside of his car. Very clean, and great look. So I say paint the inside black :)

The tar is not exaclty useless its used for sound deadening but I guess if your making a race car then you dont need it

I thought it was used mostly for holding stuff together?

BaNAnABoAt689
06-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Im thinking of painting it a Gun-metal type of color. what do you think?

raiyo
06-26-2004, 04:18 PM
The tar/padding/sound deadener inside certain areas of the inside the car is used to reduce road noise. The reason why those areas have those tar/padding/sound deadener is because those areas are more prone to produce more road noise than other places. So those stock sound deadener isn't useless. Without it, you're ride will be alot noiser. If you plan to put (which I doubt) put additional sound deadner, then removaling the stock deadener will be better, so they say. I did my whole back side with additional sound deadner and it's a whole lot more quite than before.

If you're planning to paint the interior, I hope you can get rid of more tar. At least make it more flush and less bumpy, else it'll look like horrible when you paint it. Spend some more time and make it better. Can't wait to see your finish/update pics.

BaNAnABoAt689
06-26-2004, 07:48 PM
well ofcourse i am gonna sand it down to make it smooth then paint it. it depends how you want your car to be. "can't wait to get my roll cage"

-kevin

blackdc5
06-29-2004, 01:56 PM
How did you take off the tar?

Looks like all you gotta do is get the last pieces of tar off. Try spraying WD40 when you got most of the tar off...it kinda turns the tar to liquid and so when you wipe it off, it looks pretty clean. I'd post a pic of mine but I'm only 1/3 done with the trunk.

BaNAnABoAt689
06-29-2004, 02:41 PM
How did you take off the tar?

Looks like all you gotta do is get the last pieces of tar off. Try spraying WD40 when you got most of the tar off...it kinda turns the tar to liquid and so when you wipe it off, it looks pretty clean. I'd post a pic of mine but I'm only 1/3 done with the trunk.

use dry ice. freezes the tar and it brakes off in big chunks. some guy in honda-tech posted about it. his ride looks clean after he was done. but yeah, then yeah use wd40 to take out the left over.

-kevin