PDA

View Full Version : skunk2 vs groundcontrol

SiBoy
10-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Sorry im undecided on which one to go most ppl seems to go Grounccontrol but im wondering which is better, skunk2 or GC, thx for u input :)

LazyAzzAzian
10-29-2002, 07:44 PM
i want skunk2 coilovers but they dont make one specifically for the Si yet, which probably why a lot of people have GC over skunk2, i like skunk2 better because they have a max. drop of 4 inches, where the GC is 3 inches, as for preformance, i have heard they are both good...i dont feel like waiting so im looking into GC's

K20ACTR
10-29-2002, 10:32 PM
They do make Skunk2's for our cars. Skunk2 has never made coilovers for a specific civic, they give years in which they will fit. The 01' Civics and up have all the same suspension including the Si so they will all work, hence the fact that I got them.

SiBoy
10-29-2002, 10:53 PM
can u post a pic of ur drop? and where did u get them? thx:D

K20ACTR
10-29-2002, 11:13 PM
I'm taking pics of my car tomorrow morning and then I'll post them. I have it as low as they can go. The only bad thing about the new suspension is that you can't lower it as much as the old civics because of the new struts.

i-WERKS
10-30-2002, 10:37 AM
I had skunk2 coilovers for 2001+ civic. They're way too soft. I kept bottoming out in the front even at the Highest setting. I changed the springs to the ones made for the RSX and they're much stiffer and the bottoming out problem is completely gone.
Here's some pics if you haven't seen them yet.
It still has about 1.5 to 2 inches more room to drop.
http://hstrial-jfewk.homestead.com/files/side.jpg
http://hstrial-jfewk.homestead.com/files/wheel.jpg
http://hstrial-jfewk.homestead.com/files/rear34.jpg

SiBoy
10-30-2002, 03:45 PM
what shocks are u using, also where did u buy ur skunk2 coilovers. Another question would it be better if i use the skunk2 lowering springs instead of coilovers? Oh one more questoin i looked at the skunk2 website to look for the spring rates and it doesnt show, do u happen to know what the rates are? thanks. Sorry for asking so much questoins im new at this.

IceD out N CALI
10-30-2002, 04:30 PM
anyway you could take a pic of the skunk 2's at its lowest setting?

K20ACTR
10-30-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm still in the process of taking pics, just got my comptech exhaust put on today so I didn't have time. I have the front and rear on the lowest setting but I'm running 50 series tires so the back looks a little higher than the front because the rear doesn't lower as much.

i-WERKS
10-31-2002, 07:06 AM
SiBoy - I'm using the stock shocks. They don't seem to be giving me any trouble. I got them from a friend who owns a garage here in toronto. I'm not too sure what the spring rates are but the ride is pretty good but stiffer than stock. I chose coilovers over the springs because I want the adjustability. I noticed that a lot of people who lower their car with springs usually have the rear lower than the front. I don't like that look, that's why I went with coilovers.

Iced out - I would but it's quite a bitch lowering the rear since I have to remove the wheels. Just picture this. When the installation was finished, I could barely fit my foot under the front bumper because it was so low. The tires tucked inside the wheel well about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch and it wasn't even rubbing when I turn. But I don't like that look so I raised it a little.