PDA

View Full Version : Question for those of you with the Pro-Kit

t-rex
06-26-2004, 11:15 AM
I'd like to know how much lower yours sits in the back, then in the front. I just had mine installed last week, and the back is much lower than the front...it's barely a two finger gap in the back, and easily three in the front. Is this normal? I mean, I know the back is supposed to be 0.1" lower than the front, but this is more than that. I've taken it back to the shop, and they even pulled out the rears and checked them, but everything is fine.

Also, did you guys with the Pro-Kit get your car aligned after the install?

Thanks for the help :)

fASTBACK
06-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Wow, that is the first pro-kit I hear to sit that low. My pro-kit has about a 3 finger gap all the way around. I have it on for about 20K. It is only suppose to drop it 1". Are you sure you have the pro-kit or sport-lines? The springs can only go in one way so if its in than it's correct. This is all I know about these springs. G-luck.

DarkSiRacer
06-26-2004, 12:13 PM
That is low... I measured mine after 10K and they are all the same. (about 3 finger gap) What do you carry in your trunk? j/k I got an alignment. There was a problem with during one of the installs so i figured that one wheel was off and I was right. Also alignment sloves the whole crooked steering wheel problem. But if you dont mind the crooked steering wheel that the prokit doesnt require or need an alignment.

fASTBACK
06-26-2004, 11:02 PM
That is low... I measured mine after 10K and they are all the same. (about 3 finger gap) What do you carry in your trunk? j/k I got an alignment. There was a problem with during one of the installs so i figured that one wheel was off and I was right. Also alignment sloves the whole crooked steering wheel problem. But if you dont mind the crooked steering wheel that the prokit doesnt require or need an alignment.

This is false. I'm sorry to say but anytime you remove the shocks/springs, you need an alignment. There might not be a difference in the direction of the steering wheel or feeling while driving but your toe will be off. Don't get an alignment unless you wanna replace your tires every 500-1000 miles.

DarkSiRacer
06-27-2004, 12:45 AM
It IS better with an alignment. That is the safest and best route to longer lasting tires and suspension. Everyone has their view to it.

BSEVEER
06-27-2004, 02:06 AM
My pro-kit is a little lower than I thought it would be. It's about a 2 finger gap all around, the front isn't quite as low as the back but not a huge difference. I would like for someone to measure their stock 02 to see how much lower it actually is. If anyone with stock suspension would do this I would appreciate it. Measure from the top of the fender to the ground, front and back.

DarkSiRacer
06-27-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm getting:

Front : 25 1/16"
Rear : 24 7/8"

Sorry I don't have it in meters but I only had a yard stick.

P.S. The fender lining bends down a little and I measured to where the paint begins.

fASTBACK
06-27-2004, 10:51 AM
It IS better with an alignment. That is the safest and best route to longer lasting tires and suspension. Everyone has their view to it.

Sure, different strokes for different folks.

1. There are folks that don't have money to get an alignment right away which is understandable.

2. There are the ones who don't know about it which is also inderstandable.
So we need to help these folks.

3. There are the ones that think they know and don't need one. This is what one would say.

Also alignment sloves the whole crooked steering wheel problem. But if you dont mind the crooked steering wheel that the prokit doesnt require or need an alignment. :)

t-rex
06-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Wow, that is the first pro-kit I hear to sit that low. My pro-kit has about a 3 finger gap all the way around. I have it on for about 20K. It is only suppose to drop it 1". Are you sure you have the pro-kit or sport-lines? The springs can only go in one way so if its in than it's correct. This is all I know about these springs. G-luck.

Yeah, man...that's what I thought. I was worried about the back being so much lower than the front, so I brought it back. Like I said, the guy pulled them out again, checked them, and told me they looked fine.

You know those bumpstops that come with the Pro-Kit...do they go in the front or in the back?

Does anyone have an idea what would cause it to sit so low in the back? I double checked the part# and it's correct for our car...and yes, the springs are black.

DarkSiRacer
06-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Dang Mike, you sure learned me... lol, take it easy I'm on your side, I'm poorer so my view isn't like yours.

Bumpstops are for the rear shocks.

fASTBACK
06-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Dang Mike, you sure learned me... lol, take it easy I'm on your side, I'm poorer so my view isn't like yours.

Bumpstops are for the rear shocks.

Sorry bro, didn't mean to be an E-jerk...lol.

fASTBACK
06-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Alright, if everything is correct than nothing could be wrong but the springs themself. What did the shop say? You should have about a 3 finger gap all the way around. I think the springs were manufactured wrong. See what the shop says and send them back.

DarkSiRacer
06-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Isn't there some kind of "Million Mile" warranty from Eibach? If everything was done right maybe you were the unlucky person who got the one bad set out of a thousand.

t-rex
06-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys. Yeah, I understand that I need to get an alignment. The real issue is the springs. I wonder if Eibach accidentally painted a rear set of Sportlines black, so they got placed in the Pro-Kit box?

I'm gonna give Eibach a call in the morning to see what they say.

BSEVEER
06-27-2004, 10:38 PM
I've got about a two finger gap too. I have double checked the part numbers and everything check out ok. I'm not bothered by the drop, just a little surprised.

t-rex
06-27-2004, 10:40 PM
If the front were even with the back, I wouldn't be bothered...well, except the rear wheels look like they have negative camber, and I went with the pro-kit so I didn't have to do a camber kit.

t-rex
06-28-2004, 12:16 AM
OK, here's what EP3racer posted in another thread:

The wheel gap is also differ on what size rims and tire u have. On stock, I can fit 2 finger in the back and 2 1/2 in the front. With my 18" Racing Hart S7 with 215/35/18 parada spec II it is now more like 1 1/2 in the back and 2 in the front. I also have tried putting my friend rims and tire on (215/40/16) and the gap was about 3 back and 3 1/2 in the back.

Duh...don't know why I didn't think of this before :shockm: :D

My tires are 225/50/15 on 15" rims with a 45mm offset. Stock diameter is 24.21", whereas mine are 23.85"...so a little smaller than stock, actually. Can you guys tell me what size tires you're running?

DarkSiRacer
06-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Still on the stockies 195/60/15... The measurement I posted is from the top of the curve on the fender to the ground so if you're still worried you can measure it to the floor and compare

03silverEP
06-28-2004, 09:58 AM
i have noticed that eibach kits do lower a fraction more in the back than the front. My sportlines do it right now (although i have a 60lb. sub box back there also) but the quality of the ride makes me forget about the 2mm or so in the back.

t-rex
06-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Yours sounds just right, 03silverEP. I'm talking about a lot more than 2mm...more like 3/4" difference.

fASTBACK
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I have 205/50/15's.

03silverEP
06-30-2004, 09:49 AM
oh, didn't know you were sagging that much, take some pics and send them to eibach, might get a free set to replace them