PDA

View Full Version : Auto body ???

redronin22
06-27-2004, 05:20 PM
My roomate just hit me and scratched my bumper. Some of his paint rubbed off and his car made a deep scratch past the paint and into the black plastic part of the bumper. He is willing to give me $$$ for the repair but i dont want to repair it. How much money do u think a scratch that is about

------------ long
and
-- deep in 2 areas

$$$ would cost to paint it ?

i know for sure they would have to strip the entire bumper and paint over the whole thing.

raiyo
06-27-2004, 05:31 PM
only way to fix that problem is to bondo, prime, n-paint. The whole bumper will needed to be repaint, else you'll see a big difference in color in the repaired area. As for cost, I'm guessing 2-3 bills, that depends on how the finish product will come out. There are cheaper deals, but bad outcomes.

Dres97
06-27-2004, 08:31 PM
i just had to take mine for something like that as well and the guy ended up paying 415 for it and honda has a repair autobody shop connected to it here and they were gonna charge 545 for it!

TheMutt
06-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Depending on where it is. If it's really close to the fender they might even have to blend into the fender. But I'd say 2-300 bucks is a good estimate. I hear labor is really high in Cali. though so who knows. It's a really easy fix, just sand it, cover it, primer and paint. I'd say a few hours labor to fix the scratch (3 or 4 on paper, in reality maybe 1.5 at most) and paint labor.