PDA

View Full Version : d3Design Double X-Brace + speedbump = bad

raiyo
06-27-2004, 11:35 PM
oh.... my brace had it today. My first speed bump scrape. I went to In-N-Out to grab a burger and I was like, shit..... speed bump. Got scared shitless when I saw it. I was like, oh well, only one way to find out. Went over it slow. then.... BAM, the front end of the brace hit the speed bump hard, then the rest got scraped. I went over the speed bump in a 45 degree angle or so. When leaving the lot I found a alternative exit. Now I know which way to go in to avoid em speed bumps. It's a great product, don't get me wrong people, just sharing my thoughts. I guess no more speed bumps for me.

anyone having the same trouble as I?

KingGreg86
06-28-2004, 06:08 AM
what kind of drop do u have...im about to drop my car on sportlines, and i really want this x-brace(heard good things)

oogy-boogy
06-28-2004, 06:12 AM
Well, after having mine on for quite some time now you learn to deal with it ;)

I know of 4 places locally where it will rub/bang if I don't hit it right. Also, as long as I creep over speed bumps I have no problems. It's worth the loss of clearance IMO :)

BSEVEER
06-28-2004, 08:43 AM
It seem to help if you creep over them as you said.

raiyo
06-28-2004, 10:52 AM
I have Tein S-Tech springs on, it's pretty low. 2 finger gap in front and 1.5 finger gap in the rear.

I just dont like the idea of the brace rubbing at all. I cant believe that it got hit bad when I was going over the bump slow. Was like, BAM, scrap scrap scrap........I will never remove it, heheh.

andy
06-28-2004, 11:14 AM
I have the same problem with mine. I really need to raise my coilovers up about 1/2-1". After all, I'm just daily driving, not autoXing. I really do like the brace, though.