PDA

View Full Version : What offsets are you guys running on your wheels?

DocofMind
10-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, i m looking to change my stock wheels out ASAP and i was wondering if any of you are using and extremely aggressive offset (low).

I have a set of 16 inch Kosei K1's that are about 14 pounds a piece. Only problem is that they are 32mm offset. I m installing a JIC coil over kit as well so i will be lowered.

Just wanted to get an idea of what you got going and how hard im going to have to hit the fender with a bat to get them to fit :eek:

02SilverSiHB
10-30-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Hey guys, i m looking to change my stock wheels out ASAP and i was wondering if any of you are using and extremely aggressive offset (low).

I have a set of 16 inch Kosei K1's that are about 14 pounds a piece. Only problem is that they are 32mm offset. I m installing a JIC coil over kit as well so i will be lowered.

Just wanted to get an idea of what you got going and how hard im going to have to hit the fender with a bat to get them to fit :eek:
damn, 32 offset. ouch. I don't know if I'd go lower than 38. But I don't have any aftermarket rims.

greenguy
10-30-2002, 06:42 AM
Wheel spacers? Will that help?

DocofMind
10-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

damn, 32 offset. ouch. I don't know if I'd go lower than 38. But I don't have any aftermarket rims.

Yeah, thats what i m thinking as well, but dam, there is so much dam gap between the fenders and the tire it just may work. I guess i ll just have to try a 205 first and see what i can get away with.

DocofMind
10-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by greenguy
Wheel spacers? Will that help?

Wheels spacers will do the exact opposite of what we need here.

The lower the offset, the more the wheel is pushed out towards the fender.

Si_Nutt
10-30-2002, 06:39 PM
17 X 7, 38 mm offset, 215/45 tires, H&R Sport Springs (1.5" F, 1" R) No rubbing, looks good

DocofMind
10-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up ;)

I m confident i wont have too much of an issue. But its good to hear your set up. Got any pics?