PDA

View Full Version : Seat Stain....help!!

DTR
06-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know how to take off a soda stain ( ginger ale) from the inner part of the seat. i want to remove it before HIN Chicago. Let me know guys

raiyo
06-28-2004, 11:08 AM
not sure if it will work, but give it a try? heres how. dump some baking soda on the area that needs to be clean. then pour down some white vinegar, that'll cause a chemical reaction and clean the area. Your car will smell awful, just air it out. the vinegar smell will go away soon. dont take my word for it. try it on something else before doing it on your seats. that combo cleans and deodorize stuff pretty good.

k20whiteboi269
06-28-2004, 11:12 AM
soda stain yea right haha......

just kidding. ive heard its hard to get that mesh area clean so good luck

Silvershadow
07-06-2004, 02:51 AM
Try spraying water (or soapy water)on the stain.Spray beyond the stain.Go in the house and get a wet towel .Rub the stain hard.Rub beyond the stain area .Don't rub the leathery part.Rub the whole seat area so u won't get a water stain.Dry area w/a DRY towel.let dry.return in a few hours 2 see if the stain has lifted.Repeat if need.

DTR
07-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Try spraying water (or soapy water)on the stain.Spray beyond the stain.Go in the house and get a wet towel .Rub the stain hard.Rub beyond the stain area .Don't rub the leathery part.Rub the whole seat area so u won't get a water stain.Dry area w/a DRY towel.let dry.return in a few hours 2 see if the stain has lifted.Repeat if need.

THNAX.... I WILL TRY THAT :D

ATRIOT
07-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Rent a steam cleaner! Trust me you wont believe the amount of flithy water that will come out of your seats. Even though my seats look brand new, after i steam cleaned them the water was black/brown :shockm: .

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Did the spot come out?