PDA

View Full Version : Help! Hood Prob!

Dres97
06-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey i just got my Mugen Style VIS CF hood and it wont latch. I moved the Latch upward and im still having problems can anyone help!!!?

Peking
06-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey i just got my Mugen Style VIS CF hood and it wont latch. I moved the Latch upward and im still having problems can anyone help!!!?

You need to loosen the two nuts on the latching locking device, then raise as much as you can then re-tighten. Then you should be able to lay the hood down and gentle press on it to lock and moved :)

Dres97
06-28-2004, 03:31 PM
i loosened those 3 screws on the locking devices is that what u were talking about cause i did that?

Peking
06-28-2004, 03:46 PM
i loosened those 3 screws on the locking devices is that what u were talking about cause i did that?

Ok it could have been three, sorry it was a long time ago when I did it. Could you move it up any? Even a little will help alot in closing the hood :)

Dres97
06-28-2004, 04:02 PM
i moved it to the left and up all the way should i center it?

Peking
06-28-2004, 06:46 PM
i moved it to the left and up all the way should i center it?

Will it close? if not then keep trying to put the latching locking device higher if you can.

RockEP_SS**
06-29-2004, 12:30 PM
You shouldn't have to move it that high up, and make sure the latch still sits straight. You'll still need some force to get it locked on as well, so put your hand on the hood above where the latch is and give it a lil push. Hope this helps!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA