PDA

View Full Version : How to: take off the i-vtec Sticker on the car

Junjai
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a repost of this thread but i am wondering how to take off that damn sticker "i-vtec". I don't know the proper way to take it off without damaging the painting. So if you guys can help me out here, it would be great :D

siver-SI
06-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a repost of this thread but i am wondering how to take off that damn sticker "i-vtec". I don't know the proper way to take it off without damaging the painting. So if you guys can help me out here, it would be great :D

It is easy.

What you need.

Hair dryer
Goo Gone

Just clean off the area around the decal. Then take a hair dryer around the sticker. Heat it up and take your nail and try to lift a part of it. Once you get going keep in heating it up and it will come off with ease.

Then once it is off take goo gone to anything that is left over and you are done. Just clean it and wax it.

Sb00
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM
hair dryer may take a loong time :p i used a heat gun and it came off both sides in like 20-30 min max and then you are done and you can drive away :) best of luck

Btrthnezr3
06-30-2004, 05:37 PM
I used a hair dryer and it worked just fine...helps if you have an extra set of hands to hold the dryer and then you can immediately start peeling. I also found it useful to use tweezers to start pulling at the small pieces...one tip though...peel a little then go back to the body and grab more...you'll get more in one piece that way. If you try to just rip it, you'll tear the sticker and have to deal with tons of little bits. I got my first side off in 2 parts, second one as a whole. Good Luck.
oh, and use the goo gone with your fingers not a rag...rags and paper towels have been known to scratch...after you are done, wash the area real well and wax! All set!

Junjai
07-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey thanks guys for the advice...I'll post some pictures when i am done taking off that pos sticker

ViViDPeArL
07-02-2004, 12:31 AM
heat gun is hella hot...i wouldn't bring that shit anywhere near my paint. just park your car outside in the sun then take it off...big deal...i sugguest using TurtleWAX Bug/Tar remover...it bascially removes anything nasty/sticky and it leaves a nice waxed fealing. anything that deals with goo gone or anything like that i don't like on my paint.

Simon
07-09-2004, 09:55 AM
hmm. i'd say just peel it off, just do it slowly..and then clean and wax off.

LiLxKeNnY
07-09-2004, 12:10 PM
yups ... as long as it is warm outside ... you wont evenneed the dryer ... peel slowly .... and wax for the protection!!!

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
where is the picture noobie?

you know im in Hong Kong and I want to see our car... Post pictures of the hampster without the POS sticker...

FIND A CAMERA... you promised us pictures!

Silvershadow
07-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Heat gun is the fastest.You're not melting the paint just heating the sticker enough to peel.

HARRY POTTER
07-10-2004, 11:52 AM
It is easy.

What you need.

Hair dryer
Goo Gone

Just clean off the area around the decal. Then take a hair dryer around the sticker. Heat it up and take your nail and try to lift a part of it. Once you get going keep in heating it up and it will come off with ease.

Then once it is off take goo gone to anything that is left over and you are done. Just clean it and wax it.

Yep! just like this... exactly what i did. :winkm:

epmex
04-20-2008, 05:18 AM
Im Taking Mine Of

r_jones06
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
mine was a pain in the ass... took almost 5 hours to clean the freakin old glue off of both sides. Goo Gone didn't work for me at all. Fortunately a friend had some Professional strength stuff she used on her car... UNfortunately... it stripped the wax :mfrown:

MidnightRacer59
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I hope that this doesn't prove to be too difficult of a task. I really hope the hair drier method works for me. I hate using chemicals like Goo gone on my paint. I know that if washed off promptly, will cause minimal damage, but it still makes me uneasy. :mcry: I'll be doing this soon too.

xsimplistikaznx
04-24-2008, 12:41 AM
idk my nails were so freaking long to where i was able to smoothly chip off the sticker w/ my nails ahah. takes time and practice. good luck w/ it.

shanewdude
04-24-2008, 04:50 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42433

CastorTroy2
04-24-2008, 12:03 PM
my fingertips basically came off after rubbing all the glue off.

it was worth it in the end though

civiclater
04-27-2008, 01:06 PM
i used a heat gun, then some goo gone. washed clean and then waxed the area. worked perfect.

groovezog
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I used a heat gun to pull off the sticker, and then left the goo on for about a week. This made it much more difficult to remove.
I'm sure some are going to cringe at the thought, but I used brake cleaner and a super soft rag to get the adhesive off. I was real quick with the brake cleaner, and it evaporates fast, causing absolutely no damage to the clear coat.
Took 5 minutes with brake cleaner :)

2005rollingegg
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
i used a heat gun, then some goo gone. washed clean and then waxed the area. worked perfect.

Goo Gone is amazing. And the best thing about is that it even smells like oranges.

wizDUMB
07-24-2008, 01:55 PM
goo gone ftw!!!!

BobSassafrass
07-26-2008, 03:49 AM
I didn't have a hair dryer so I actually used my spot light.

Passenger
08-17-2008, 02:16 PM
mine was no problem at all..
GA heat = a hairdryer I guess

whitehonda
08-28-2008, 09:16 AM
my stickers were horrible they would not come off they were old or something took a few hours and throbing fingers to get them off even with a heat gun they came apart in tiny peices.

JDMtunerEP3
08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Best thing i ever bought was a pin stripe removal tool!

It will take any adhesive or sticker off without disturbing the panel!!!