PDA

View Full Version : Flik Wasps and Neuspeed Race Springs

blaketion
06-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Hello ehpatch.com. This is my first post; so hello to you all. I just got my '04 EP3 about a month and a half ago. The site has been great, every question I've had has been answered [thank you "search" function].

To get down to it.. I'm looking for some new wheels and a drop. The Flik Wasp's (17" black) caught my attention. I was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for or against this wheel? I found it packaged with Falken Azenis wheels (215/45/17) for a little over $800 shipped from www.edgeracing.com.
My second question is: Will I have any problems with rubbing with these wheels and the 2" drop Neuspeed Race Springs?

Thanks alot ;]

!@#$%
06-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Hello ehpatch.com. This is my first post; so hello to you all. I just got my '04 EP3 about a month and a half ago. The site has been great, every question I've had has been answered [thank you "search" function].

To get down to it.. I'm looking for some new wheels and a drop. The Flik Wasp's (17" black) caught my attention. I was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for or against this wheel? I found it packaged with Falken Azenis wheels (215/45/17) for a little over $800 shipped from www.edgeracing.com.
My second question is: Will I have any problems with rubbing with these wheels and the 2" drop Neuspeed Race Springs?

Thanks alot ;]

It's possible that they will rub, and I'd almost bet money on it. I have the progress drop (not as low) with toyo 215/45 17 and it rubs the plastic just a bit when the wheels are turned. I have a set of azenis on my stockies and the meat on those tires hang out more at the end of the tread. I think it will rub.

penguin
06-28-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't think they will rub. I'm running 215/35/18s. That extra inch for my rims plus the clearence that is there should allow it to roll without rubbing. Also, I'm running on Neuspeed, about a 2" drop all the way around.

blaketion
06-29-2004, 12:05 AM
I checked a tire size comparison calculator. From what I gathered, the diameter of the new wheels and tires is almost identical to the stock wheels and tires (about a .5" difference). How much rub would there be and what kind of damage would it cause (if it was minimal)? I'm going to steer clear of the damage, though. Or perhaps another tire size? suggestions?

penguin
06-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Yeah, my 18s are only 1/10th off in diameter as stock. As far as rubbing, as long as you don't go too wide (wide enough for the wheel well to cut into the tread) then you will only rub your front fender wells (plastic, so it will just eat through it-clean). But you would have to worry about rubbing when you turn and hit a bump. I was lucky enough to buy mine from a guy who let me test drive them. I went up a driveway with a big bump at an angle and nothing rubbed. I was sold. Like I said, keep it smaller than 215 IMHO and you will be fine (just don't go over 45 if you are going to slam it).

blaketion
06-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Well the front fender plastic might be a problem. I'm installing my cold air intake this week, and.. well.. the Filter for the intake sits right infront of that plastic. With this rain in texas, yeouch. Also, does anyone have anything to say of the quality of Flik wheels?