PDA

View Full Version : Another Review of the DC race header

SSMep3
06-28-2004, 07:02 PM
over the weekend i installed the race header with the help of some friends....thanks guys. Anyway, the install is not that difficult, u can get this header on without removing the sway unlike the comptech which saves you a hassle. By the time i got to putting it in i was already frustrated so taking the sway bar off would have been even more annoying.

i have the magnaflow on the EP right now and i got the mid-pipe cut down about 3 inches or so and then welded back onto the flange. Anyone doing this mod should not get a magnaflow or keep the one you have IMO because after the install the car becomes obnoxiously loud.....VERY LOUD and really just horrible. SO i am going to get them to throw on my stock axel back though it will take some modification it is worth it with the way it sounds now.

After it was all done, i went out for a spin and was very happy with the results.... the mid range is greatly improved as well as from 5,000 on is great too. I took it on the highway along with me came anjapower(comptech race header) and we did some runs.
3rd gear its basically even...i pull a little but nothing to really talk about.
4th gear i pulled on Anjapower pretty good i think this is due to the dc giving me more mid range power. All in all awesome mod, oh i forgot i dont have any clearance issues with the sway bar. i cant hear any noise from the header hitting the sway. i will check how much clearance tomorrow.

Civicvtec1ps
06-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Where did you get it?
It's all backordered now..

Can you take some pictures of clearence between header and front sway bar?

oogy-boogy
06-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Nice!

Glad to hear you finally put it on :)

SSMep3
06-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Where did you get it?
It's all backordered now..

Can you take some pictures of clearence between header and front sway bar?

Yeah sure i can take some pics of the clearance this weekend
i got it from hondawerx for 330 shipped

SSMep3
06-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Nice!

Glad to hear you finally put it on :)
thanks mel its an awesome mod, car smells like a go kart now haha but oh well.

Civicvtec1ps
06-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh and Did you get CEL yet?
:)

!@#$%
06-28-2004, 07:25 PM
That's exactly how the test pipes make the car smell.

SSMep3
06-28-2004, 07:26 PM
no CEL yet and its been over a hundred miles so far

DavidT
06-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Get that bad boy dyno'd so we all know what it can do on a an A3. You'd be the first with a DC RH on an A3 dyno online!

SSMep3
06-28-2004, 08:10 PM
actually phil(fsugatorbait) has gotten his dynoed with the same set up :)

oogy-boogy
06-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Get that bad boy dyno'd so we all know what it can do on a an A3. You'd be the first with a DC RH on an A3 dyno online!

Run a search for fsugatorbait's dyno from a month or so back :)

SSMep3
06-28-2004, 08:24 PM
here is the thread its on the second page: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36773&page=2&pp=15

DavidT
06-28-2004, 11:42 PM
DOH, damn I'm getting old school :( I should of remembered, fsugatorbait PM'd me when he first got his RH.

Ep3 No.2
06-29-2004, 01:17 AM
so what did you moddify in order to get the header to fit the car ?
the header ? or the exhaust ? or an adaptor liek the comtech one ?

PAPITUYO326
06-29-2004, 04:16 AM
so what did you moddify in order to get the header to fit the car ?
the header ? or the exhaust ? or an adaptor liek the comtech one ?

he modified the actual exhaust piping...aka made the midpipe(b pipe) shorter

anyway is this the redesigned race header? or is this one of the first ones sold a while back that has the clearance issues? i ordered one a month ago buy the company i bought it from said dc recalled it....sure enough a search on clubrsx and it was recalled

if you start hearing odd rubbing noises call up dc and let them know

SSMep3
06-29-2004, 06:23 AM
yeah it is one of the older ones, i am going to check the clearance of it this weekend seems to be ok so far. thanks for the heads up. I had like 3 inches off the midpipe cut off.

Civicvtec1ps
06-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Well our front stock sway bar is already thicker than RSX type s ones.
Si 02-03 = 25mm
RSX type s = 23mm

I have been told they are just finished with new designed dc ceremic header and going to send it out soon.
Stainless version will come up in 3 weeks..

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 09:02 AM
How did you avoid getting the CEL?

SSMep3
06-29-2004, 09:38 AM
casper electronics o2 Sim

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 09:42 AM
casper electronics o2 Sim

I've heard of o2 sims...just not sure how they work exactly or what is involved. Would ya be kind enough to break it down in bloody english? Thanks homie...

Civicvtec1ps
06-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I've heard of o2 sims...just not sure how they work exactly or what is involved. Would ya be kind enough to break it down in bloody english? Thanks homie...
It's just plug in.
Easy to install.

fsugatorbait
06-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Well our front stock sway bar is already thicker than RSX type s ones.
Si 02-03 = 25mm
RSX type s = 23mm

I have been told they are just finished with new designed dc ceremic header and going to send it out soon.
Stainless version will come up in 3 weeks..

Thickness doesnt necessarily mean that it will or will not cause a problem. It depends on the way the bend is. I had some knocking occasionally and switched the front sway to the Neuspeed bar (27mm) which is bent at more of a severe angle to allow for clearance and have yet to hear a knock.

Glad you finally got a chance to put it on, I bet it was killing you to see it sitting around and not on your car.

fsugatorbait
06-29-2004, 09:46 AM

Very simple, plug and play. There is a connection under the car about 15 inches from the actual sensor that you unhook and connect in the sim. It couldnt be easier.

Civicvtec1ps
06-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Thickness doesnt necessarily mean that it will or will not cause a problem. It depends on the way the bend is.
Yea, but if you look at rsx type s front sway bar and our stock sway bar.
Bend is very similar.
Now that DC redesigned 2nd version that clears rsx front sway bar.
If we swapped it with rsx ones, it shouldn't have any problem with knocking.

I know Toda and Whiteline front sway bars are designed to fit race header, but they cost alot more than rsx stock front sway bar...

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Very simple, plug and play. There is a connection under the car about 15 inches from the actual sensor that you unhook and connect in the sim. It couldnt be easier.

Do you leave the sim plugged in? Or do you plug it in, start the car and remove?

fsugatorbait
06-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Do you leave the sim plugged in? Or do you plug it in, start the car and remove?

You would leave it plugged in. Its just a resistor that manipulates the o2 sensor readings to within stock tolerances.

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 11:41 AM
You would leave it plugged in. Its just a resistor that manipulates the o2 sensor readings to within stock tolerances.

Thank ya sir...

00002SiR
06-29-2004, 11:49 AM
i will be ordering a sim real soon, does anyone know if your getting hp robbed with the cel light on? will the 02 sim make my engine work better? or is it just for the light?

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 12:06 PM
i will be ordering a sim real soon, does anyone know if your getting hp robbed with the cel light on? will the 02 sim make my engine work better? or is it just for the light?

I've never read anything but a few different owners have said that you're getting robbed of HP.

You'll really notice if you're losing power if you're getting terrible gas milege. A guy posted in this thread that he's got 100 miles on it and no cel let yet.

SSMep3
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Thickness doesnt necessarily mean that it will or will not cause a problem. It depends on the way the bend is. I had some knocking occasionally and switched the front sway to the Neuspeed bar (27mm) which is bent at more of a severe angle to allow for clearance and have yet to hear a knock.

Glad you finally got a chance to put it on, I bet it was killing you to see it sitting around and not on your car.

yeah phil it was tough it just sitting there but now i have to deal with the magnaflow being so damn loud.

fsugatorbait
06-29-2004, 03:52 PM

With the CEL for an extended period, roughly 50 miles or so, your car will run in constant closed loop meaning that it will no longer adjust on the fly for variances in temp, load, etc... I didnt notice any difference with the CEL on and ran with it for about 1k miles.