PDA

View Full Version : Time for new tires.

SLOazzEPhatch
06-28-2004, 09:32 PM
OK well i am going to be in the market for some new tires in the next month. I am look at the BF-Goodrich g-force sports. Someone told me however that the Dunlop FM901's might be good. Just wanted everyone input on this. Tell me what you think is good and why. Valid reasons only("cool tread pattern" as an answer will be ignored.)

OH and i need something that is going to last.

If you have another kinda tire you think is good just post up what it is and why you like it.

FattyMcJ
06-28-2004, 09:48 PM
OK well i am going to be in the market for some new tires in the next month. I am look at the BF-Goodrich g-force sports. Someone told me however that the Dunlop FM901's might be good. Just wanted everyone input on this. Tell me what you think is good and why. Valid reasons only("cool tread pattern" as an answer will be ignored.)

OH and i need something that is going to last.

If you have another kinda tire you think is good just post up what it is and why you like it.

Well...your choices are innumerable...

First...to narrow it down...what do you want the tires for? Will you be AutoXing on them ocassionally? Or just a daily driver with the ocassional "sprint" from stoplight to stoplight?

If yer just lookin' fer a daily driver tire, that is sticky enough to race on (with a decent amount of traction)...I'd say go with some Falken's (Ziex is a good one for DDing/AutoXing) I have a friend with these, dropped 02 EP3, and he races on them too...nice and sticky for DDing, but they get a 'lil loose on the course when they're hot.

If yer lookin' for some straight track tires....duh....Falken Azenis...lol

(Can ya tell I'm partial to Falken? lol)

SLOazzEPhatch
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
i am looking for a good daily driven tire with the occasional AutoX on them.

FattyMcJ
06-28-2004, 10:26 PM
i am looking for a good daily driven tire with the occasional AutoX on them.

Then like I said...Falken Ziex is a great choice. There ARE others....but I'm biased. Khumo 712's are good DDers...but NOT good for AutoXing...just too slippery when hot...IMO.

glw
06-28-2004, 10:35 PM
yokohama avs es100's. good size choices and pretty grippy wet and dry...

penguin
06-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I LOVED my FM901s. I live in New Orleans so the streets are horrible. The Dunlops (when I had them in 205/40/17) had awesome sidewall protection, great wet weather traction and held up to some abuse. Kumho's are great, but not for bad streets. I kept getting eggs in mine so I got rid of them.

mhx
06-29-2004, 07:39 AM
what size rims do you have

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 08:48 AM
I just picked up the Falken Ziex 512's. I got 205/50/15's.

For the 250 bucks I paid for them, I guess they are ok. Do they grip alot better around corners than stock tires.....yes.

When you do a fast lane change at high speeds though, I feel the tires are a little too soft and I really feel the rubber move around.

I like them, but I will go with a different tire next time.

SLOazzEPhatch
06-29-2004, 05:33 PM
what size rims do you have

stock rims(15's) i am wanting to get something like a 205/55/r15

SF-SI-02
06-29-2004, 05:40 PM
I bought the turenza v in 205. These are premium vehicle tires, they come stock on the nicer bmw's and benz (not their sport cars). They grip much better than stock, but I am not sure how much of that has to do with the increased width. They were expensive $400 at costco, but they are rated to last 45,000+ miles, unlike any other v tire I could find on the market. If you want all out performance, potenza s-03 is sick, they can make a vw bug feel sporty, but again, they don't last long at all. The only complaint I have about my turenza's is that one day I was doing 100+ mph and I had to make a (fast) lane change and braked a bit, well, it felt like the wheels were rotating inside the tire from left to right, its like those springs that stop your doors at home from hitting the wall, if you flick it it will bob from left to right, and that is what it felt like during the high speed lane change, this could be what othes are referring to as "too soft a tire"...

skooba
06-29-2004, 05:52 PM
I just put on some Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's 205/55/15. I love em, by far my favorite thing I've done to the car. It just makes you realize exactly how much ass the stock tires suck. I haven't tried out any other tires, so I can't say how they relate to what else is out there, but I love em.

bobdobbs
06-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Falken Azenis ST-115

SSMep3
06-30-2004, 06:24 AM
has anyone heard anything about the g-force sports i am interested in these as well

mhx
06-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Goto: http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/

select: bridgestone potenza s-03 pole positions w/ uni-t aqii

if i keep stock rims i will try those tires out..
there suppose real good in dry/wet conditions

what do you think of those?
you can get them online for like 115/each

heres a pic:
http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/glamour/tirephotos_full/BSs03.jpg

205-55-15 is the smallest they make to