PDA

View Full Version : Alignment specs.

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 09:12 AM
I got a H&R 2 inch drop. I'm running 205/50/15's.

I'm installing an spc rear camber kit only on the car.

Is there anything special I should tell the shop when asking them to realign my car?

Should they just use the stock specs. as far as an alignment goes?

frentzenej11
06-29-2004, 09:35 AM
I have the same setup and I also only put the rear SPC Camber kit on. NTB told me that was all I needed. All I told them was to put it as close to stock specs as they could.

Zero Three Si
06-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I have the same setup and I also only put the rear SPC Camber kit on. NTB told me that was all I needed. All I told them was to put it as close to stock specs as they could.

I'm not expecting anything dramatic...but in your opinion...did it help?

Zero Three Si
06-30-2004, 09:50 AM
anybody else got any info????

scrunkness
06-30-2004, 08:23 PM
I have the same drop i would like to hear some good info.

Did you ntice any dif. when you put the rear camber kit on.

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Stock specs are fine.Don't need to tell them anything.

frentzenej11
07-09-2004, 06:19 AM
I'm not expecting anything dramatic...but in your opinion...did it help?

Well, no uneven tire wear and everything looks and feels great on the car. I would recommend them.

WhrsMyDamCTR?
07-10-2004, 04:43 PM
First off, they vary to such a degree that the you could end up with the following and still be "within" spec:
LF: toe in
RF: tow out
RR: tow out
LR: tow in

For example, the camber "spec" for the rear is -1.67 to -.17 degress, that is 1.5 degress variance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had my 04' done at the dealer with the SPC camber kits installed by my self, the end result was a waist of $60!!

The stock specs are a vain attempt by Honda to keep 15 year olds with learners permit's on the roads and not attached to trees, and keeping the stock Michelins going till 40k miles, they are not for going around a corner quickly, just safely (read major understeer).

I would highly recommed trying the following site:
http://www.negative-camber.org/jam149/alignment.html
and do a DIY alignment after you have installed a camber kit. I did it last week and it is very easy, a great site for alignment education. Once you do this once, I think you will do this in the future and save your money for go fast parts!
I ended up with:
Front: -.8 camber and .4 degree total toe out, 1.4 degrees caster
Rear: -.2 camber and .1 degree total toe out,

The car feels great, great rotation in the turns, great stability on the highway at high speeds. The car is almost perfectly neutral and to boot, the car also makes a U-turn in less space!!

Once you understand why the stock specs are developed, you can understand why they are not good for "drivers"! Hope this helps someone!

Bryan

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 12:50 AM
That's the way race team do it at the track.