PDA

View Full Version : Something weird...

jerseyjew
06-29-2004, 02:39 PM
I changed my oil today and when I was finished I left the car like a foot off of the ground and started it up so that I could get a creeper and check for leaks from the drain bolt and/or filter. Well, I grabbed the creeper and I slide under the car. So I am looking for leaks and all of a sudden my axle starts spinning along with both wheels. Shit freaked me out. Is this normal ? I am guessing it is. The car was in neutral. Also, I hate the location of the EP's oil filter. Thanks.

skooba
06-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah I think it's normal, and yes, that oil filter is a motherfucker.

fsugatorbait
06-29-2004, 04:08 PM
I find it easier to remove the passenger wheel when changing the oil, it gives you better leverage to tackle the filter.

jerseyjew
06-29-2004, 04:18 PM
I (you) (everybody) shouldn't really need too much leverage. I only hand tighten the filter. I just get pissed that the oil gets all over everything !!

goy091
06-29-2004, 04:36 PM
haha, yea that is normal. be sure to use jackstands and wheel chaulks while under your car. what kind of creeper do you have?

yea the oil filter is in a real bad spot. whenever i change oil, i always get a nice arm coated in oil. the first time i changed the oil the damn filter was on there so tight, hard to get a filter wrench on my 1/2 wrench to get that SOB off. i was about to put a screwdriver through it but decided i didnt want to get oil all over the place.