PDA

View Full Version : How low do you go?

chinq6t
06-29-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking about lowering the car but uncertain to what point. I thought about a 2-inch drop in the front and a 1.5-inch drop in the back. Any suggestions? I'm also curious about which brand of springs or coilovers would be most popular or fitting. (progressive, sportline, tein, etc.)

thanks! :shadesm:

raiyo
06-29-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm on Tein S-Tech Springs and it drops from 1.5-2.0 inch. The springs are made for the other Civics, so the spring rate is softer than stock.

As for recommendation, go with progress or eibach sportline if you're just looking for springs. if you're going to go with a coilover kit, get a Tein Basic or Mugen SS (are not adjustable, but gives u a 1.4" drop).

I wouldn't do a 2" inch in front and 1.5" in the rear. Looks weird would it? heheh, I never seen it, so I dunno. What's your purpose of lowering it? That way people can help u better when they know what your purpose is. Like... daily driving, autox, track, strip, etc.

Forgot to mention one thing. If you're gonna do a 2" incher, you might or gonna have problems with speedbumps or other issues like so. Our car's mid-pipe hangs pretty low. Even lower with aftermarket exhaust. You might wanna look into that also.

02civicSI
06-29-2004, 05:02 PM
i am not sure on the measurement of the drop but i have a no finger gap in the front and a half finger drop in the rear.

http://members.cox.net/toymachne/P1010593.jpg

chinq6t
06-29-2004, 08:15 PM
i see. thanks for the heads up. i guess my purpose of the springs is just daily driving. i've been told if i were ever to really upgrade to a turbo the suspension might have to be adjusted to really fit to the turbo's needs in where the weight ratio goes i guess. but for now.. just daily driving and what not.
one more thing. do springs fit cars in general or are they custom made to fit ours? if they are specific, then i would appreciate some more help.

thanks alot

02civicSI
06-29-2004, 09:01 PM
i see. thanks for the heads up. i guess my purpose of the springs is just daily driving. i've been told if i were ever to really upgrade to a turbo the suspension might have to be adjusted to really fit to the turbo's needs in where the weight ratio goes i guess. but for now.. just daily driving and what not.
one more thing. do springs fit cars in general or are they custom made to fit ours? if they are specific, then i would appreciate some more help.

thanks alot

they are made for a specific car, oh and the best modification for my car was the coilovers (tein ss) that i have on. definitely worth every penny.

chinq6t
06-29-2004, 09:15 PM
adjustable is the way to go?

02civicSI
06-29-2004, 09:20 PM
adjustable is the way to go?

that is what i would say. i had eibach springs before and they were just not even as firm as the tein's i have now. plus your shocks will eventually blow ya know? but there is the whole issue of money. if you are strapped for cash get a good set of springs. if you want adjustability and a stiffer suspension then get some coilovers. i would recommend the tein basics. they are a good price (less than $900) and you get the adjustability, firmer suspension.

chinq6t
06-29-2004, 09:29 PM
hmm.. i am strapped for cash.. but ebay i see has some adjustable coilovers for around 100 one of em is arospeed

lowep3
06-30-2004, 09:35 PM
You get what u pay for. Your best bet is to just buy pay a lil more than a hundred and just get springs. Go with a 2 inch drop all the way around....looks great and havent scraped yet. But one thing, you'll deff. need a camber kit after u drop it!

02civicSI
06-30-2004, 09:37 PM
You get what u pay for. Your best bet is to just buy pay a lil more than a hundred and just get springs. Go with a 2 inch drop all the way around....looks great and havent scraped yet. But one thing, you'll deff. need a camber kit after u drop it!

what he said. go with some springs first. it will make your car look so much better. save up money and get a set of coilovers then sell your used springs.

Deluxe
07-01-2004, 07:44 AM
you may also want to look into the Progress coilover kit, personally I like it allot better than the Tein brand

BearNVa
07-02-2004, 01:25 PM
i am not sure on the measurement of the drop but i have a no finger gap in the front and a half finger drop in the rear.

http://members.cox.net/toymachne/P1010593.jpg

TIGHT RIDE!! Wish my silver 1 was that low!