PDA

View Full Version : have you checked your filters?

amctmg
06-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Your cabin filters, mine were pretty dirty and the fan on full blast just didn't seem to cut it so I removed both filters and dayam. maybe I should run a hose to my intake for f/i, in otherwords it blows real hard now.

if you haven't checked them I suggest you do you may be suprised how dirty they are.

Zigen5
06-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Your cabin filters, mine were pretty dirty and the fan on full blast just didn't seem to cut it so I removed both filters and dayam. maybe I should run a hose to my intake for f/i, in otherwords it blows real hard now.

if you haven't checked them I suggest you do you may be suprised how dirty they are.

Ugh, where is that located? Any DIY??? I've had mine for a year and I barely use my AC...

Civicvtec1ps
06-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Ugh, where is that located? Any DIY??? I've had mine for a year and I barely use my AC...
Behind the Glove box.

siver-SI
07-01-2004, 08:12 PM
I think I am going to have to take a look at mine. I noticed today that I had a little musty smell when I first tunred on the fan. It went away fast, but I have heard that is a preindicater of needed them soon.

BlackSi613nin
07-01-2004, 11:35 PM
when you say you removed them, did you cleen them and replace, or just leave them out?

Stoop
07-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Here's how to replace them. Page 21-39 of the Service Manual. The picture is a little small (but 56K friendly :winkm: ) Also Page 20-63 which shows glove box removal.

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/EB/C5/35876843-c73c-00EA0200-.jpg http://a2.cpimg.com/image/B2/CB/35877042-1529-011C0200-.jpg

amctmg
07-02-2004, 07:30 AM
when you say you removed them, did you cleen them and replace, or just leave them out?

I just took em out and left em out

Sirone
07-18-2004, 01:48 PM
I just took em out and left em out

You will die from killer air-borne particles:)

BarracksSi
07-18-2004, 04:28 PM
I noticed today that I had a little musty smell when I first tunred on the fan.

Have you been using your a/c? The musty smell could also be from moisture in the system being allowed to sit & get a bit moldy.

If that's the case, you could prevent it by switching off the a/c for the last minute or two prior to turning off the car (for example, press the button when you enter the parking lot for your destination). The idea is to get the ductwork back up to a temperature that won't let moisture condense. Once it's dry, mold won't have any water in which to grow.

Then again, if your cabin air filters are gunked up, then what I said might not matter... lol

audomatik
07-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Very cool post. I didn't even know we had such a thing in our cars. Something I never thought about. I'm gonna have the dealer take a look at it when I take it in for an oil change. Thanks for the info.

siver-SI
07-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Have you been using your a/c? The musty smell could also be from moisture in the system being allowed to sit & get a bit moldy.

If that's the case, you could prevent it by switching off the a/c for the last minute or two prior to turning off the car (for example, press the button when you enter the parking lot for your destination). The idea is to get the ductwork back up to a temperature that won't let moisture condense. Once it's dry, mold won't have any water in which to grow.

Then again, if your cabin air filters are gunked up, then what I said might not matter... lol

I am having the same thing so I am going to have to try this. Thanks

BarracksSi
07-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Quick note:

To drop the glove box, you won't need to dismantle the whole thing. There are two bump stops (marked as B in the pic on the right in StoopSi's post) that are easily removable without tools. Pop 'em out, and the glovebox freely swings almost all the way to the floor.

I found this out when I installed my P.I.E. adapter for my iPod. :D

portugeetex
07-18-2004, 08:10 PM
theres a DIY video in the Platinum members section........... PAY UP if your not already a member its only 10 bucks!!!!!!

TrippZ
07-18-2004, 09:50 PM
theres a DIY video in the Platinum members section........... PAY UP if your not already a member its only 10 bucks!!!!!!

ok pax

portugeetex
07-18-2004, 09:57 PM
:D