PDA

View Full Version : creaky steering colum(cant spell)

KingGreg86
06-30-2004, 08:14 AM
latly i have been getting this breaky sound and feel when i turn my steering wheel in slow slight motions, say adjusting my self on the highway so i stay in my lane, does anyone know if this is bad and/or how to fix it?

Si3
06-30-2004, 08:38 AM
i have a similar problem. i brought it to honda to look at it, but of course, the EP made a liar out of me and wouldnt creek in front of the service guys.

Anyone else?

(anything to do with lowering on S-Techs?)

psylovibe
06-30-2004, 08:47 AM
i have a similar problem. i brought it to honda to look at it, but of course, the EP made a liar out of me and wouldnt creek in front of the service guys.

Anyone else?

lol i hate that.

04SI27893
06-30-2004, 08:47 AM
yea me too, i think it is something in the frt strut towers, i will look on isis and let you guys know of any sb's.. me=dealer maybe i can find something in there or i will call honda tech-line and speak to one of those guys....04si27893

Makross
06-30-2004, 10:36 AM

Anyone else?

haha thats funny but yeah i have the same problee with s.techs just turn up your stereo

raiyo
06-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm also on Tein S-Tech, I have the some weird sound. Usually comes on when I drive on the freeway.

staticflo
06-30-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm also on S-techs and I also have the same sound. This sucks! I'm gonna take my car to the dealer and see what they say, hopefully the ep wont make a liar out of me.

raiyo
06-30-2004, 04:45 PM
the thing is that, the sound doesnt always come out. good luck

i-WERKS
06-30-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah it happened to me too. but it disappeared after a couple of months. It's been 2-3 months since it happened.

skooba
06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
yeah mine gets the noises too, started up a few weeks ago, it's not constant, but it is usually there, I'm dropped on progress springs, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with that, but since it's not a huge concern of mine, I haven't looked into it.

team ERA 5
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM
i have that too...every damn day! solution turn up the radio!

SF-SI-02
06-30-2004, 07:52 PM
U have stock suspension and had it. I took it in a couple times, the mechanic heard it, it sounded and felt creaky, he replaced the entire steering column, it took 2 weeks to get the part now it is as good as new

DownTheHatch
06-30-2004, 08:33 PM
I have the same problem but I figured it was because I modifed the suspension with lowering springs.

SIxtasy
07-01-2004, 01:43 AM
I have had this problem 4ever. Although it hasn't been happening much recently. For me it only happens when I'm slowing down(20-0) or speeding up(0-20). after that its gone. I remember back in the day, someone figured that it was the whole steering rack, and honda replaced them for a few people. Its a wierd problem though, because its so hard to reproduce it when you need to for Honda techs. Thats why I never took mine in because I knew I'd look like an ass. I just mentioned it to my service writer, so its on file now.

- jeff

koreangurl
07-14-2004, 04:27 PM
is your car lowered with stock struts in the front..if so..thats your problem..it's being compressed to the point that you may need new struts soon..if your tired of hearing the sounds then you can spray some wd40 on there and the sound should go away for about a day or so..

Si3
07-15-2004, 07:10 AM
is your car lowered with stock struts in the front..if so..thats your problem..it's being compressed to the point that you may need new struts soon..if your tired of hearing the sounds then you can spray some wd40 on there and the sound should go away for about a day or so..

Short term solutions are hardly ever the best way to go.... But, to each their own. Personally, im saving up for some new struts.

CaTiRo
07-15-2004, 07:12 AM
is this problem only on the 02 year model?

LACH
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
i just had mine lowered with eibachs pro kit and i now have the same thing but i can reproduce it anytime! im gonna take her in ill keep you guys posted

audomatik
07-15-2004, 08:56 AM
I had this problem a while back. It lasted for maybe one day. Next day nothing. Maybe my EP loves me more than yours does you. HAHAHA. But seriously tho I've had my Tein S Techs on now for a good 18000 miles and no problems what so ever.