PDA

View Full Version : Problems starting the EP Today

slc71
06-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Ok, so I get off work go out to the ep and turn the key and it just turned over the engine, no attempt to start just turning over. I waited for about 15 sec and tried again, nothing. After about 4 attempts I figured ok lets press the gas down and try finally it starts. Fuel Injected engines don't require gas pedal action to start right.
Anyway no other problems it ran fine, Should I worry, has anyone else had this happen?
Suggestions please.
:'(

mhx
06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
they key to not make this happen is to turn your key 1/2 way.. then wait for the check engine light to go off.. then start your car.

this happens to me once n a while when i turn the key really fast

slc71
06-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Damn that is good news. I about sh*t my pants.
Here I am 80 miles away from home and the car won't start.
Thanks

mhx
06-30-2004, 04:35 PM
ya if u do start it to fast and it doesnt start just wait 10sec then turn key wait for engine light then start again it should be fine.

weltall
06-30-2004, 04:43 PM
you know what !!!!???? ive had the same prob everscine i got my turbo timer installed and it happens very rarly i thought it was b/c the engine kill disable ie bow that a key sits in but its good to hear this is happening to others ----only b/c i now know that its just not me

EtherGhost
06-30-2004, 06:32 PM
ive had the same prob everscine i got my turbo timer installed and it happens very rarly i thought it was b/c the engine kill disable ie bow that a key sits in but its good to hear this is happening to others

Did anyone understand this gibberish?

djsolution
06-30-2004, 08:08 PM
he's too busy eating cereal to type right (that's him in his avatar)

weltall
07-02-2004, 07:22 AM
hey screw you guys i just bought a vaio and i hit the wrong keys alot wheni type fast. and im a skinny white guy

what i meant was the box that the key goes into for the key code somtimes messes with starting the car

Fast02
07-02-2004, 07:44 AM
he's too busy eating cereal to type right (that's him in his avatar)

LOL!!!

slc71
07-02-2004, 08:14 AM
This community is like a family.
We can make fun of other members, but people outside the family can't. ;)

djsolution
07-02-2004, 10:56 AM
haha, no doubt. weltall, you know I was just playin. your avatar was just too funny to not mention!

blueiedgod
07-02-2004, 02:08 PM
I agree that there may have been mis communication between the engine kill and the security chip in the key. And the fact that you did not wait for the engine check light to go out may have been a contributor to the problem. Fuel injection needs to be primed before useage, if you listen carefully, when you first turn the key to "ON" you will hear the fuel pump running for 10 seconds, the exact lenght of time the check engine light stays on. Then you can proceed with the ignition.

TrippZ
07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
you're all homos. :)

jk

ive never had that problem happen. maybe your car has AIDS dude?