PDA

View Full Version : Wheels? Engine? Garage?

siver-SI
06-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Well this month I am going to get a extra paycheck that is going to give me around $800+ for extra money. First I was thinking engine for upgrades, because I did not think I have enough for rims. But I think I may be able to pull them off. Right now I am trying to get any over time I can to get into the $900 to $1000 range of extra cash.

At work today I thought one thing that my EP may like it is a garage. Right now she sits outside 24/7.:( You may be asking how do I do a garage that cheap. Well I have a pole barn were my shop is and were we keep the horses. But it is all open with cats and dust and that so on. Well I am thinking of taking half of my shop and making it into a inclosed garage. My shop right now will fit about 6 cars or 7-8 if I put the cars on rollers and play with them. With the enclosed part I am making to make it a 3 car with a 2 car garage door. I can not put a second single door in since the electic meeter is in the way. I still have to figure out if the money will work for this but I only have to build 2 walls, lay cement down were the 3rd car would be since gravel is there right now, get a 2 door garage door, and plywood for the walls all around and the top. BTW all the work will be done by me since I have to tools.

So what should my ep get? New rubber? More HP? A better place to sleep at night.

raiyo
06-30-2004, 05:01 PM
buy a car cover and that'll take care of the sun problem, heheh.

dump the money into suspension. get bars and better brakes/tires (if current one needs to be changed). Motor mounts//engine damper.

DavidT
06-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Dude a garage for sure. Your EP will have a place to stay and it makes it easier for when you're working on it (Like future upgrades :D ) it'll have it's own spot so you won't be occupying another car's spot.

evilep3
06-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Dude a garage for sure. Your EP will have a place to stay and it makes it easier for when you're working on it (Like future upgrades :D ) it'll have it's own spot so you won't be occupying another car's spot.
i couldnt have said it better myself :m:

i-WERKS
06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
garage..... it's my favorite room in the house.

siver-SI
06-30-2004, 05:13 PM

Well right now I park right outside my door. I live in the county so I do not have to worry about the spots. But I just looked and found out that the gas hookup for the house has one for the barn. I just have to lay a line in to get to the barn. So that means heated garage. :D

I am going on lowes site right now to see what everything might cost. My father did contracting so he has all the tools and knows all the good places for supplys.

SiOnTheFly
06-30-2004, 05:51 PM
dude your garage sounds like it would be pretty sweet! i would definetly go with that. think of how happy you would be when modding and when waking up in the morning during the winter and getting into a warm car :) thats what im talkin about!!!

SE7EN
06-30-2004, 07:06 PM
you'll be happy with the garage in the long run. good luck

siver-SI
06-30-2004, 07:33 PM
you'll be happy with the garage in the long run. good luck

If I only have the $800 at the end of the month I should be able to get the frame work, side walls, and garage door. I will just have to cover the top of it with construction plasic for a little till I get the rest of the money. Does not get that cold till November so I should have everything inclosed by then and I hope to have the gas line run by then too.

chubbychu
06-30-2004, 11:39 PM
yah...youll have time for mods later =o)

BlackSi613nin
06-30-2004, 11:46 PM
ima go with garage too.. we have a "2" car garage, but with all my moms craft shit, its barely fits my car. my dad wants to expand the garage and finish it.. i cant wait, i will spend 99.9999999 percent of my time in there!

joHn

YooShin
06-30-2004, 11:59 PM
GARAGE. I've had my EP for a year and it looks like sh*t because I park it in a getto fabu lot at my apartments :'( I've got a god d@mn rusted @ss dent I can't get fixed because it's just under the damn deductable and I keep spending my money on stupid stuff like food and water :crym: :crym: :crym:

DarkSiRacer
07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
I use my aunts garage which is mine. I cleaned drywalled and painted it. I'm gonna get that garage floor paint from sears also a window AC unit. I say go for a garage mines almost a second home. I'm trying to make mine like a real shop garage, nothing like having everythingyou need when you install whatever you want :D

hksuperSi
07-01-2004, 01:12 AM
u should just save it until u have enough for k20a. don't bother add stuff to the a3.

spookyoen
07-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Definitely the garage man. With a decent garage you have a place for your car to sleep but even more importantly a plce to work on your baby. That way you can work on your car anytime, day or night...in any weather... and not have to worry about getting everything finished ina day cause you can lock it up and pick up where you left off the next day. It may not make your car perform better or look better, but it's worth it in the long run.

cdr127
07-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Go for the garage, then I will have a place to work on my car right? :D

Videodrone
07-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Garage, definitely. I so wish i had a place to keep my car and work on it too. Plus it would stay cleaner and no sun ruining the paint. It'll help when the resale value goes up (it will damnit!).

freidaddy
07-04-2004, 01:46 AM
you'll be happy with the garage in the long run.

couldn't of said it better myself and get motor mounts their cheap.