PDA

View Full Version : how much did you guys pay for your cars????was it worth it???? im buying one soon.

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 02:00 PM
well...just as the subject says. im buying an si in a few weeks and i really want to have a good idea of what to pay for it. also....after you get the car broken in and it no longer has that new car feel.....are you still glad you got it????? i just wanna be sure i want this car. i was sure but now i hear all the people talking shit on it and im starting to question myself.

SBC31
07-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Are the people who talk bad about the car non-owners? I haven't seen/heard from any 02 Si (SiR) owners who regret having gotten one.

Do a search to find out what people have paid (it's been covered here a few times)

Oh, and if you have the means, I highly recommend getting the 02 Si (SiR)

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 02:07 PM
to answer your question....ya. most of them were 99-00 si owners. other then that....VW owners and a few nissan guys. i personally dont know anyone with an SI. ive really only been here for about 5 min or so. i just found the forum and signed up to ask you guys what the real deal on the car was. nobody by me really has one yet.

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 02:08 PM
o and i will do that search on what people paid. i should have thought of that but i got to excited to find a whole forum on this car that up until about 5-10min ago, i thought nobody had yet.

SBC31
07-09-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
to answer your question....ya. most of them were 99-00 si owners. other then that....VW owners and a few nissan guys.

There you go, don't take non 02 Si owners words for this, most times they are just jealous so................

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 02:26 PM
ya, those were my thoughts. and now that i see what this thing does on nitrous(im an old bottlehead from my last civic) im really convinced. hope i cna get one cheap enough. i also did the search and didnt find too much so if anyone wants to reply about waht they payed or link me to another thread, go ahead.

SBC31
07-09-2002, 02:37 PM
See threads on prices here:

Link 1 (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227&highlight=price)

Link 2 (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393&highlight=price)

SpacemanSpiff
07-09-2002, 02:44 PM
Read the review of the SI at TheCarConnection.com. It sums up pretty well my opinion of the car.
Link:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 03:12 PM
damn. thanks. i guess that pretty much decides it for sure. as long as i can work my haggling magic and walk out of there for for under 18 after everything, ill be happy. im shotting for 16800. i know its low but the invoice on the sticker is a lie im sure.

02TafWhtSi
07-09-2002, 03:13 PM
Buy the car - you will not regret it. I had my hesitations at first but after 1400 miles I have not one regret. Easily the MOST FUN car I have EVER driven other than my fathers Boxster S but I mean come on...:)

p.s. -I paid sticker plus tax/tiltle/liscense but this was just after it came out

NetDragon
07-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Yeah, just make sure you break it in nice and slow. Go a min of 600 miles before you start to gun it. Best thing to do it what I did. Plan a road trip after you have been super gentle to it for like 200 miles, do not accelerate it hard at all. Then drive some place. Go a good 200 miles or so each way, set the cruise control for 65mph and enjoy the ride. When you get back you will be basically broken in. But even then, gun it only occasionally and try and be gentle untill you hit 1000 miles. You will thank yourself later when you engine is running perfectly. After you get around 1500 miles you will feel that the car is actually faster than it was at 6 or 700 miles. Even with the stock tires, it corners well, but will corner even better with some nice sticky tires and some sport tuned coil overs installed and lowered an inch and a half.

My Si is still stock and I love it! My only regred is that I paid too much for it. That is what I get for getting it less than 2 weeks after the dealer gets it. I paid 22k! I should have argued about the price more. Oh well, I still think it was worth it.