PDA

View Full Version : Type-R wing: where to buy?

dustinhurley
10-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Ebay, I know. But Procar parts or Makoto Auto Trends? Think there is a diffence?

william
10-30-2002, 09:35 PM
i think erubuni sells the rear wing too, but i have no idea on what quality it is. It probabl;y has to be modded to work. Hope someon knows where to get these things, cause i want a good type-R clone spoiler too.

dustinhurley
10-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Erebuni is absolute crap! And yes it has to modded, they all do. A company has yet to make a replica that bolts on directly. But, when they do, it will be more expensive than buying the $100 ones off Ebay and making it fit. Original question still pending....

Silvershadow
10-31-2002, 02:29 AM
There's no diffence between the Procar Parts & Makato Auto Trends,but there is a difference.I got the Procar one,the Makato one is a bit heavier it's 7-layers vs. Procars 3.Three layers seems to be fine.It's looks fine to most (95%) people.I'm going to block sand mine & use some glazing putty on the right side of the spoiler.You need to grind down the end holes.Check "Type X's" thread under General Discussions under "CIVIC TYPE R"STYLE" wing...is here" for details & picsI e-mailed another person who got the same spoiler did a bit more work,but he's a body guy.I've been very busy haven't mounted spoiler yet.I,m going to use "Type X"s solution..There was some slight blems below the third light pocket,but if you paint it no one will notice.GOOD LUCK!