PDA

View Full Version : car battery = lethal?

phlegyas
06-30-2004, 07:31 PM
K first let me explain my situation. I have a 94 integra.. its kinda ragged out and has a blown head gasket, but its still worth some cash. Its parked up at my future house. Its a run down house that we're fixing up and is about a block away from my current home. Well noone lives at this future house so the integra is kinda free game.
Anyways someone has found out where my integra is at and has made an attempt to steal it/parts. Now i have a fuel cutoff switch hidden, not that it matters considering the blown gasket, and i moved the hood release cable up some to prevent someone from pulling the cable from the wheel well. So i went out to work on the house and saw that someone had ripped out both front wheel well liners. I figure they were trying to pop the hood. As for the passenger side, they tried to steal my CAI. filter was gone and there are scrapes where it looks like they pulled on it with pliers. dumbarses should know better than try to pull it out there lol..
A few kids around with ghetto civics have glorified my integra so i figure they want to rape it for parts. Now i have no job.. poor.. live in the middle of nowhere so an alarm is kinda useless, so im considering some ghetto security.
I want to wire the battery to the frame of the car so when they touch it theyll get a nice jolt. Could this kill somebody? Also, what would the effect be on the cars electrical system?
thanks
- Chris

!@#$%
06-30-2004, 07:36 PM
just build one of these, and wait for them to come back.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1107178&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

jerseyjew
06-30-2004, 07:40 PM
I'd kill myself with that thing !

SiR Medic
07-01-2004, 08:11 AM
A 12-volt battery doesn't put out enough juice to kill somebody.

Try licking a 9-volt battery... You couldn't even arrange that kind of shock without some heavy duty electrical engineering (ie capacitors, etc)

phlegyas
07-01-2004, 08:49 AM
A 12-volt battery doesn't put out enough juice to kill somebody.

Try licking a 9-volt battery... You couldn't even arrange that kind of shock without some heavy duty electrical engineering (ie capacitors, etc)

yeah thats what i figured. ive been shocked by a car once before and didnt know if i had the full treatment. to me if feels about like being shocked by a house.. but maybe im wrong.. that was a long time ago.

thanks for your input dr. gonzo
and dont forgot when we leave the mint hotel you must go straight to the Mint 400 race. i feel like ill definately need some advice from a lawyer such as yourself. watch out for the reptiles in the lobby.
- Raoul Duke

Ill_eagle94
07-02-2004, 07:36 PM
lol you can be killed by a 9V

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-50.html

Si4U2NV
07-03-2004, 02:50 AM
correct me if im wrong...

Body of the car = ground...

Positive + Ground = BAD...

Bad = Short out electrical system of car, possible battery explosion, and who knows what else...

Solution: Get a gun.

-Mike :winkm: