PDA

View Full Version : Projector help please???

02EP3SI
06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Sorry if this has been posted...I searched but had no luck at all!!!!!

Well to start off my brother and I just installed his projector's in his Type-S and his drivers side low beam keeps blowing his headlight fuse. Does anybody know what causes this to happen? Could it maybe be a shorted out bulb that is still making contact some how and causing it to blow? I am open to suggestions...The lights look awesome and he does'nt want to go back to the stock lights. Also i was wondering if someone could tell me how to adjust the headlights on the ep3 and dc5. All help is appreciated....Thanks

Jason

Spazhead
06-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Obviously You Have The Wire Plug Into The Wrong Slot. But Without More Info Like Or Pictures, I Cannot Help U Much More.

Sorry For The Caps.

02EP3SI
06-30-2004, 09:08 PM
what other information do you need exactly? The plug on the projector matches the plug on the factory harness and i put them together just like they would go together. Thanks for your help so far.

02EP3SI
06-30-2004, 09:15 PM
would i need some sort of relay for the wiring to these...I had one person tell me that he had to get some sort of special relay harness for these to work properly

Spazhead
06-30-2004, 09:27 PM
where does the power to the hid kit come from? who makes your kit? is it suppose to be plug and play or do you have to wire it yourself..

more info the better.

02EP3SI
07-01-2004, 03:34 AM
These are not H.I.D. They are supposed to be a direct swap out for his other headlights, they are prewired with plugs to match his factory plugs. Here is what the auction stated that he bought them from.

Product Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are bidding on a 100% brand new set of:
2002-04 Acura RSX DC5 dual angel eye (halo) projector headlights in black housing

* it fits 02-04 Acura RSX all models

- come as 2-piece set (left and right) in OEM quality
- D.O.T./S.A.E. approved
- direct bolt-on replacement for the stock unit, require NO modification
- all wiring are pre-assembled for easy installation

Thanks...Your help is appreciated.

Spazhead
07-01-2004, 05:53 AM
if you have a volt meter, please check the wiring for shorts, start with the connector, check each pin on the connector (projector side) to see which one is shorted to ground. then trace the wiring to see if the housing is shorted to ground.

can you take digital pictures of the housing, or direct me to the ebay link?

02EP3SI
07-01-2004, 11:36 AM
here is the ebay item link...and i will try and get some pictures of them for you too....

rsx projectors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7906104676&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6)

Spazhead
07-02-2004, 05:15 AM
Those are nice! anyways, were you able to check all the wiring yet , like i mentioned above?

02EP3SI
07-03-2004, 06:33 AM
i checked the wiring....i think the connector was shorting out on the low beam projector..Anyways he is going to get rid of those lights and i painted his housings on his stock lights and I think we like those better than the projectors....the lighting is like 10 times better....Thanks for all your help. If you know anyone that has an rsx he is going to sell these headlights...again thanks for the help.

Jason