PDA

View Full Version : does all rsx springs fit 02 si ones?

SiBoy
10-30-2002, 11:46 PM
does all rsx springs fit 02 si ??

Snubben
10-31-2002, 10:57 AM
I have DC5 Spoon springs fitted on my CTR. They were guaranteed to be 100% same spec'd as the EP3 springs by a well known and highly reputed dealer. After installation in a shop the front has a 30mm drop in the front and 6mm in the rear.

After some mailing back and forth he claims its recommended to completely remove the rear bumpstops to get an even drop.

Did any of you DIY guys notice if the EP3 rear bumpstops are adding to the ride height? Are they, as a part of their construction, wedged in between the coils and upper mount. Any help is appreciated, guys!

(the 3 more coils on the Spoons will limit the full compression travel by at least 36mm, which should be enough to save the shocks from blowing if the bumstop is removed)

I hope this will also add some fuel to your thread, SiBoy;)

DynaSpeed
10-31-2002, 11:23 AM
After installation in a shop the front has a 30mm drop in the front and 6mm in the rear. typo on the 6mm rear? that would be approximately

IceD out N CALI
10-31-2002, 12:04 PM
I dont know about all springs but i have the eibach sportline rsx springs on my car. reason i got those was because it was before the springs were released for the ep. :)

SiBoy
10-31-2002, 10:29 PM
I saw these teins spring for $180 from http://www.jaydm.com/tein/stech.htm and i saw the spring rate for the ep3 and it's really soft, but then i saw the springs for the dc5(rsx) and they are pretty stiff. JUst wondering if the rsx one would fit into the si. Btw does neone happen to know how low these springs drop? :o

toe knee
10-31-2002, 10:37 PM
from what my local peformance shop said they will fit but the springs would throw everything off. this was from carboy. but the way the drop comes out is unexpectable. (ride height)