PDA

View Full Version : So F**king pissed off!! (cracked windshield)

EP3racer
07-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Wed. nite I was on my way to Cecil county strip. A white truck was in front of me and he just changed lane. In the process his tire picked up a rock and shot it at my passenger side windshield. Instantly a 8 inch crack apeared. Drove home last night and today, the crack opened up to 14+ inches.

I called up a glass company and they said it beyond repair and need to be replaced. That 297 dollars plus tax.

Any ideas guys and gals?

04SIkwiidit
07-01-2004, 07:58 PM
yep insurance

jerseyjew
07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Yo EP3Racer, what was your best run that night ?

EP3racer
07-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Cant go throught he insurance cuz I got that 500 deductable thing and it is not worth it.

I got 3 runs in and it is in order

1st 15.4
2nd 15.5
3rd 15.6

Weird cuz I swear my 3rd run felt like my fastest run. I drop 2 1/2 mph from my best run ever with is a 15.0 at 91.79mph

ToingToing
07-01-2004, 08:41 PM
i got my front windshield replaced for $160... that wasnt bad compare to the dealer's price which was $500 something with labor. but im from cali, so i unno the prices there. good luck

NYSI
07-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Cant go throught he insurance cuz I got that 500 deductable thing and it is not worth it.
Bro. youre insurance comp. has to paid for it, if you have glass coverage that is.do you? the 500 dedutable does not apply to glass also any flying object that damage youre car you are 100 % not at fault by insurance laws and they can not holded against you, my windshield carcked this passed winter i didnt pay anything the insurance comp. did

DownTheHatch
07-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I dont know about your state but in Florida its the law that your insurance has to replace your windsheild for free.

BlackBullet
07-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Cracked windshield. Yep, had that already. Mine was about 275 installed. The glass place came to my work and put it in. I got my EP3 in November of '02. By Febuary I had a cracked windshield, 1 cracked fog lamp, and the other fog lamp broke out completely. In Iowa/Nebraska, they don't just sand and salt the roads, they practically lay down the equivilant of gravel roads! Instead of replacing the lamps, I just made plastic covers to go over the lens. Don't use the lamps any more. Looks cool too! Over the past year or two, the winters and bugs have really done a number on my hood and bumper. Yeck!

I feel your anger man!

EP3racer
07-02-2004, 10:41 PM
I dont know about your state but in Florida its the law that your insurance has to replace your windsheild for free.

yeah u can do alot of stuff in Florida man. I should probly just check on the insurance anyway and/or go to my Honda dealership and start lying my ass off. My windshield cracked once already and didn't found out untill it was like 7" long. The dealer was like " we gonna fix this for u as a one time goodwill thing." Any the crack was almost on the exact same spot as before. maybe I can flow with that.