PDA

View Full Version : What size H4 do we need for the headlight bulb?

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2002, 10:45 AM
I saw these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871486106 and it says to state what size I need. So what size do we have?

Pradamuimui
10-31-2002, 11:10 AM
Ur headlight bulbs are H4 bulbs.

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui
Ur headlight bulbs are H4 bulbs.
yeah, I know, it's just that on the auction it says to say what size I need, I always thought H4 was the size I needed

DocofMind
10-31-2002, 01:56 PM
H4 does designate the size, there is no other info needed.

If you are looking to upgrade your lights, i would highly advise you to stay away from these hyper white knock offs. they are all crap. almost all of them run at a higher wattage which means two things, shorter life, and runs hotter. the shorter life only kills your pocket, but the higher wattage can actually damage you wiring or worse yet, your electrical system.

I just actually did my first upgrade to the ep which was the headlights. I highly reccommend you going with Raybrig lights. They offer a few different versions and colors of light so you can customize your set up. They also have a race version which is not street legal (thats what i am using) which is absolutely incredible. They are not cheap, but like i said, well worth it. They also dont burn out like the other brands.

If you need more info or need a place to get them from, hit me up, i ll be glad to help you

silver ep
10-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Im pretty sure PIAA and Catz make a decent bulb also

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
H4 does designate the size, there is no other info needed.

If you are looking to upgrade your lights, i would highly advise you to stay away from these hyper white knock offs. they are all crap. almost all of them run at a higher wattage which means two things, shorter life, and runs hotter. the shorter life only kills your pocket, but the higher wattage can actually damage you wiring or worse yet, your electrical system.

I just actually did my first upgrade to the ep which was the headlights. I highly reccommend you going with Raybrig lights. They offer a few different versions and colors of light so you can customize your set up. They also have a race version which is not street legal (thats what i am using) which is absolutely incredible. They are not cheap, but like i said, well worth it. They also dont burn out like the other brands.

If you need more info or need a place to get them from, hit me up, i ll be glad to help you
I had some Nokyas on my last car and they worked great. never had a problem with those

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by silver ep
Im pretty sure PIAA and Catz make a decent bulb also
PIAA sucks, imo. I went through about 10 fog light bulbs for the piaa fog lights i had. I got soooo tired of going through the bulbs, that I went to walmart and got the same bulb with a lower wattage and it never went out and looked just as bright

DocofMind
10-31-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I had some Nokyas on my last car and they worked great. never had a problem with those

Honestly, i think you were lucky. For the longest time no one made any descent light bulbs in an H7. I had gone through atleast 4 pair in a year on my moms S type.

But hey, whatever makes YOU happy :)

2k2SiGuy
10-31-2002, 08:11 PM
DocofMind

You Using Magnum Whites? Got any night time pics of em???

DocofMind
10-31-2002, 09:56 PM
No, i dont believe they are the magnum whites, those are street legal ;)

In that line, they have a few different hues, the magnum white which is a hyper white (HID look) they have a Blue, and a VIP which is the most amazing mix of purple and yellow.

Mine are not street legal, they are named something else (forgot :( ) i ll double check the name and get back to you.

They are the brightest lights available which is why they are not legal. In addition, the light is 2 stages, from dead on it is hyper white, from a lower angle, it is yellow. Basically its a fog light and headlight all in one. Its hard to explain, i will have to snap some photos of them for you to really get the idea.

Keep in mind though, they are not annoying, i would not buy something that would piss other driver s off.

Jpax
10-31-2002, 10:01 PM
H4 and 55/60watt are what you want there are different watts and the higher watts are brighter but they don't last as long. I m using 55/60 watts in both my cars..... there tocan crystal whites........

Don't believe the hype..........they great.

I wouldn't buy the 100/watts bulbs.

1fastminivan
10-31-2002, 11:35 PM
You might want to try out the new Sylvania Silverstars which come in 9003/H4. Same thing. They look good on my friends 00 civic coupe. Much brighter then the stock.....I did comparison between his and mine. They are definetly brigther and whiter.....not BLUE just nice clean white. They do have a slight hint of blue at certain angles but not extreme. I am planning to get some but I might just wait and get an HID kit.

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind

Honestly, i think you were lucky. For the longest time no one made any descent light bulbs in an H7. I had gone through atleast 4 pair in a year on my moms S type.

But hey, whatever makes YOU happy :)
:D I hope they make me happy again :p

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
H4 and 55/60watt are what you want there are different watts and the higher watts are brighter but they don't last as long. I m using 55/60 watts in both my cars..... there tocan crystal whites........

Don't believe the hype..........they great.

I wouldn't buy the 100/watts bulbs.
Well again, I had these exact type of bulbs (90/100) in my last car. I bought them from someone else on ebay, but they are the same. They lasted forever and I didn't have a problem.

masterjohnson
02-11-2011, 07:02 PM
You might want to try out the new Sylvania Silverstars which come in 9003/H4. Same thing. They look good on my friends 00 civic coupe. Much brighter then the stock.....I did comparison between his and mine. They are definetly brigther and whiter.....not BLUE just nice clean white. They do have a slight hint of blue at certain angles but not xtreme. I am planning to get some but I might just wait and get an HID kit.

i was reading this thread carefully you mentioned my car which is 2000 civic. this is obviously better than stock and most of you guys says that putting 50/60 watts bulbs is the safest compared to 100watts which can damage your car wiring because it just get hot faster than 50/60 watts bulbs. Well sorry for bumping an old thread older than my gran ma. i just learned a good thing on this before buying 2000 Honda civic headlight bulbs (http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/honda-civic/headlight-bulbs/)

27rocks
02-11-2011, 11:57 PM
^^^ I know where you live! :mrolleyes:

Passenger
02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
i wish reading this thread carefully you mentioned my car which is 2000 civic. this is obviously better than stock and most of you guys says that putting 50/60 watts bulbs is the safest compared to 100watts which can damage your car wiring because it just get hot faster than 50/60 watts bulbs. Well sorry for bumping an old thread older than my gran ma. i just learned a good thing on this.

I'd REALLY suggest changing your location as soon as possible....