PDA

View Full Version : tein basics

BISDAK-R
07-02-2004, 12:41 PM
I was wondering to those that have tein basics, I'm planning on getting this and I previously had skunk2 coilover, I just wanted to know how low I can go
with the teins can I go as low as the skunks? because I have my skunks pretty low and want to keep the same drop with the teins. to those with the tein basics can u post pics of your lowest drop. thanks

greenguy
07-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Paging Mr. Dobbs, Mr. Bob Dobbs. :angelm:

bobdobbs
07-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Somebody called???

I'm not sure how low the skunks are, but the max drop on the Teins, according to their website is:

-4.3" in the front
-5.6" in the rear

That's MAX drop, which probably isn't a good idea because it will ride like shit.

BISDAK-R
07-03-2004, 02:32 AM
its weird cuz i called too and they said 2.8max front and 3.8 max rear and 1.8 recomended drop height. skunks lower from 0-4" my ride is now crappy cuz of my blown shocks but if i get the basics and still can't drop it as much as my skunks without messing up the shocks then I guess I will stick with my skunks and spend the money on somethign else.

bobdobbs
07-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Those might be their recommended specs. The shocks can't keep up with dropping the car to their max stops. When I asked them if it was okay to set the springs seats to their very bottom position, they told me it wasn't. Makes me wonder why they allow it then.

By the way, I have Tein SS which is physically the same as the Basics, just with different, adjustable shocks.