PDA

View Full Version : My first EP! (I'm new to the forum)

civicmatt
07-02-2004, 01:42 PM
I've been contributing to Honda-Tech, for the past couple years, but since I bought my new Si, you guys will have to put up with me! :D

I just purchased a black '02 with just under 13k on it. No side airbags, but the car is in great shape. Paid 14,200 + tax and a new tag. I feel I did alright. All I did was drive it home, and I'm in love with it. It's so quiet and smooth compared to my 92 civic hatch which I built up. It even has A/C! This is like a luxury car to me. i'm still learning how to use the fobs! :D

Anyway, what precautions should I take to protect my new car and what are some "must have mods" that make this car more of a joy to drive? Performance is fine for now, but short shifter? Shifter bushings? Wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

STP03BlueSI
07-02-2004, 01:45 PM
WELCOME!!

Must have mods...well depends if you want better handling, go with some nice tire/rim combo, or start with some springs, and bars.

If you want better HP, well....TURBO...JRSC..or as about 90% intake, header, exhaust.

OR if you want looks Showstoppers offers alot of exterior parts. CF wings, hoods, and body kits.

Enjoy your new EP!

Chris

TrippZ
07-02-2004, 01:50 PM
must have mods include : a drop, rims/tires, CTR wing, and Hondata. do that and youll be gangsta. i promise :)

civicmatt
07-02-2004, 01:51 PM
I don't want to go crazy with the mods. I'm keeping my 92 hatch for that. This car is my everyday car and I want to keep it near stock and reliable. Little mods are cool, but definitly no FI! I'll get in trouble and blow up the motor. Right now, this car is fast enough for me to have fun without getting into trouble. This car will not be raced. Or riced! :D Thanks for the quick reply.

civicmatt
07-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Buying this car was my "responsible " descision. It's more realistic to me than a highly modified car. When I'm feeling irresponsible, I'll beat the hell out of my 92!

TrippZ
07-02-2004, 01:54 PM
see my post above... thats exactly what you wanna do for your application. the car will be funner to drive, and you can look good at it too.

Peking
07-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Anyway, what precautions should I take to protect my new car and what are some "must have mods" that make this car more of a joy to drive? Performance is fine for now, but short shifter? Shifter bushings? Wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

Welcome to ephatch.com, and you will see most of us lurk on Honda-Tech too :D

Also you need to lower her, springs are cheap. But I say full coil-overs, Tein Basic, or Mugen kit.

Then the other basics, Intake (injen cold air), Header (DC Sports), and Exhaust (many that are great).

Then Hondata flash for a daily driver :)

FurY
07-02-2004, 03:40 PM
must have mods include : a drop, rims/tires, CTR wing, and Hondata. do that and youll be gangsta. i promise :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Even if you are saying you don't want to mod the hell out of it, these are "must have"'s that will really improve your car while keeping it in the appearance of a daily driver. Hondata REALLY improves performance, it's the best naturally aspirated mod you can get imo.

I also have the Neuspeed SS and it's great, reduces throws by 30%. Install is simple and is well worth it. I hear the aluminum bushings are great too but I couldn't tell you much about those except that that make the shifts feel more precise (I have them right here I just haven't installed them yet hehe).

Good luck with your EP and welcome!

civicmatt
07-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Just spent the day with the new car and it's awsome. Everyone looks at me (or my car) as I drive. I'm going to look into some of the mods listed when my budget allows. Thanks for all the help!

k20hatch
07-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Sweet dude im glad to come to ephatch.com! Welcome!

04SilvrSi
07-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I am also new and i just picked up an 04 a few weeks ago. I have a couple questions... How picky is honda with modded cars? Also, you guys are always saying intake and hondata... Where do you guys go to pick up your stuff? What are some of the best sites to go to? ( I know about hondata.com).

Thanks,
Mark

!@#$%
07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
mugen sport suspension. better tires.