PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensors WTF

ranivus
07-02-2004, 09:16 PM
okay im looking to grab a Random Tech Hi-flow cat. but im gonna a dummy 02 sensor so i can pass emissions. Where do i go to get an 02 sensor?

kenscivic
07-02-2004, 09:17 PM
all i know is those bastards at honda want 248$ for one

White_Hatchy
07-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Are you honestly that worried about being emissions tested? They are that strict out in vegas?

oogy-boogy
07-02-2004, 09:31 PM
okay im looking to grab a Random Tech Hi-flow cat. but im gonna a dummy 02 sensor so i can pass emissions. Where do i go to get an 02 sensor?

Moved...

Also, the Random Tech cat is legal so what's the problem?
There's no sim needed?

all i know is those bastards at honda want 248$ for one

Like I posted for you before: check out www.oxygensensors.com

kenscivic
07-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Moved...

Also, the Random Tech cat is legal so what's the problem?
There's no sim needed?

oogy boogy AHHH

oogy-boogy
07-02-2004, 09:34 PM
oogy boogy AHHH

???
:confusem:

ranivus
07-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Well i got a buddy that put it on his "7th Gen Civic" and he said he had to put an O2 sensor on. i havent seen him all week so i couldnt ask him where he got his.

kenscivic
07-02-2004, 09:37 PM
???
:confusem:

i got skurred its late and i saw boogy

oogy-boogy
07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
i got skurred its late and i saw boogy

lol..... :p

oogy-boogy
07-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Well i got a buddy that put it on his "7th Gen Civic" and he said he had to put an O2 sensor on. i havent seen him all week so i couldnt ask him where he got his.

You may be mixing it up with an 02 simulator which is used when people are running straight pipes or race headers.

In order to use the Random Tech cat all you would have to do is remove the 2 sensors in your stock cat and put them in the new one.

kenscivic
07-02-2004, 09:45 PM
You may be mixing it up with an 02 simulator which is used when people are running straight pipes or race headers.

In order to use the Random Tech cat all you would have to do is remove the 2 sensors in your stock cat and put them in the new one.

there should be 2 o2 bores already in the cat. converter if theres not you could try getting an o2 bore and i guess drilling it in yourself but its kinda hard from what i hear.
just dont fuck up your o2 sensors! and if you have too! let it be your secondary one

oogy-boogy
07-02-2004, 09:47 PM
there should be 2 o2 bores already in the cat. converter if theres not you could try getting an o2 bore and i guess drilling it in yourself but its kinda hard from what i hear.
just dont fuck up your o2 sensors! and if you have too! let it be your secondary one

You have to buy it vehicle specific to ensure it's the proper size for the application. It has the holes already in it. It's a simple bolt on application. No "boring" is needed.

fsugatorbait
07-02-2004, 11:03 PM
You have to buy it vehicle specific to ensure it's the proper size for the application. It has the holes already in it. It's a simple bolt on application. No "boring" is needed.

hahaha Mel, I think when he said bore he ment bung, not that you'd actually have to bore it out; at least I hope not. :winkm:

Ranvius, you got it backwards. Your not looking for an o2 sensor, you've already got two of those. Your looking for the o2 sim that plugs into the 2nd o2 sensor and acts as a resistor to manipulate the readings to within stock tolerances. If you go with the Random high-flow cat, like oogy said you shouldnt neet one.

ranivus
07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
okay thanks for the clarification... so does that mean someone with a k20a engine can use an O2sim to pass emissions?

EnJaNir
07-03-2004, 05:54 PM
o2 sim does nothing but send a fake signal to the ecu which tells it that the catalytic converter is working properly. It does nothing else except turn off the CEL by sending this fake signal. It will not make a car pass emmisions, it will not change how the car drives, it just turns off a light on your dash.

TrippZ
07-03-2004, 10:32 PM
translation = jsut take out the LED and save a hundred bux

EnJaNir
07-04-2004, 11:34 AM

Actually thats is a bad idea. 02 sim removes the CEL caused by a malfuction in the catalytic converter, as does kPro. However if you remove the LED which illuminates the CEL, if something else were to cause a CEL you would never know about it.

choNy
07-05-2004, 03:23 AM
dude that sux man lol. jus pay some smog guy in vegas some extra money and they'll hook it up.. trust me

Ep3 No.2
07-05-2004, 03:37 AM
dude that sux man lol. jus pay some smog guy in vegas some extra money and they'll hook it up.. trust me

same thing here in cali. but only diffrence is you gotta give the smog guy A LOT of extra money lol

fsugatorbait
07-05-2004, 03:57 PM

One of the dumbest ideas ive heard. So what happens when you actually have a real problem and theres no CEL to alert you?

EnJaNir
07-05-2004, 04:20 PM
One of the dumbest ideas ive heard. So what happens when you actually have a real problem and theres no CEL to alert you?
Isn't that what I said 3 posts up :winkm: