PDA

View Full Version : Want to improve handling!

SiOnTheFly
07-03-2004, 01:36 PM
well, when i first bought the car i lowered it on sprint springs because i short for cash and i wanted it lowered! i am fully satisfied with the performance of the springs. rides decent, handles decent. but i wanna know what you guys would recommend for me to do next. i was think lower rear tie bar...but how much of a difference does this actually make? thanks for any input!

K20A3Si
07-03-2004, 01:41 PM
d3 double x brace....buy it and tell me what you think :cool:

chet
07-03-2004, 01:46 PM
THe difference my Progress sway/rear lower tie bars made was amazing as far as handling goes. I would definitely recommend one. There is a butt load of info on this subject, search it ;)

Civicvtec1ps
07-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Progress Sway Bar/Tie
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDU3Njc0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41251

raiyo
07-03-2004, 03:09 PM
i was think lower rear tie bar...but how much of a difference does this actually make? thanks for any input!

what? A rear lower tie bar does nothing in the terms of feel/handling. It is mainly used to beefen up the rear chassis from having a thicker rear sway bar.

*CTR Rear Sway Bar $100 - Very noticeable feeling, but you'll have to custom fit any aftermarket exhaust. The exhaust will be rubbing aganist the bar.

*d3Design Double X-Brace $180 plus shipping - Very noticeable feeling, but you'll have trouble with speedbumps. It's a good trade off. MUCH better handling, but you'll have to drive more carefully. A small pot hole seems nothing before, but once the Double X-Brace is one, you're gonna hear a loud BANG!

*Front & Rear Strut Bars - They are a good additional to the two I mention above, but they won't give u a better bang for your buck. The top two will have a more noticeable difference in these two.

*Tires - Still running on stock? Swap your tires out or change the whole thing from rims to tires. Get some rubber that grips the ground better. Alot of people have there own thoughts on which tire is good. I think Yokohama AVS ES100 is a good daily driving tire with some good grip.

amctmg
07-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I think the cheapest improvement would be 2 falken azenis sport 205/50r15 for the front. It was night and day on my car.

SiOnTheFly
07-03-2004, 03:22 PM
hey raiyo, that is a lower rear sway from the CTR correct? also, where would i go about purchasing one? thanks for the help.

Si3
07-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Good write up Raiyo!

Tires then JDM rear sway. if you have enough $$$ to burn, go with a full coilover setup!

raiyo
07-03-2004, 08:23 PM
hmm... just gonna correct your vocab. heheh. When you say rear sway, people will already know it is in the lower section.

two of our X-Vendors sold em CTR rear sway bars.. As of right now, I dunno where u can get em from. If you don't want that thick of a bar, just get the RSX Type-S 19mm sway bar, the CTR is 22mm. Alot of people who has the 19mm sway bar said it's good enough for em. If you need to find a place to get em 19mm RSX sway bar, check out clubrsx.com. They have alot of em for sale, and usually pretty cheap.