PDA

View Full Version : help with SRS light

02CivicSI-VTEC
10-31-2002, 02:04 PM
:( i need some help turning the SRS light off.. and get my air bag working... is there a way to fix it with out goin to the dealer and paying so much money for it?

DynaSpeed
10-31-2002, 02:21 PM
wha?? did you do something to your car that it won't be able to be fixed by the warranty?

:edit: ok, I just read your other post... I would just put it back together and tell them that you have no idea what happened.:angel:

02CivicSI-VTEC
10-31-2002, 02:32 PM
well i took off my passeger seats to run my wiring kit for my amps and sub.. and i unpluged something on the bottom and then the light show up.. i put it back as in original and it still dont turn off. humm i know if i bring it in it will cost me money $$ and i know there a way to get rid of it.. alot of pplz did it with the old civic and accord. any clue on this one??

DocofMind
10-31-2002, 03:41 PM
Have you tried resetting your ECU. It s a fuse in the main panel under your steering wheel. Pull it, and wait like 30 seconds or something, than back in. Im not exactly sure on the EP, but on the S its labeled 25.

02CivicSI-VTEC
10-31-2002, 08:52 PM
humm which one is the ecu fuse ?? how does it look like?? and is it safe?? could i still have my warrenty if i messwith the ecu?

Silvershadow
11-01-2002, 02:26 AM
there's a thread about this some where in this forum.Basically youy need to reset the SRS or your airbags won't work.See shop manual.In another thread a guy is willing to show you the page in his manual 2 reset it.Sorry not much help w/the thread locations.

3rdhatch
11-01-2002, 07:19 AM
Try unhooking your battery terminals so that the car has no power. Then wait 10-30 seconds. Hook your battery back up. You might have to re-enter your code for your Cd player. This is how I got rid of my check engine light.

SiCivic2k2
11-01-2002, 09:54 AM
I have the same problem. After I got my car back from getting my system installed I noticed my SRS light was on. It's been like this for about 5,000 miles now probably. I don't want to take it to the dealership. I would also like to know how to reset the light.

02CivicSI-VTEC
11-01-2002, 12:53 PM
OKay the battery thing do not work.. i disconnect both + and - and it still show that SRS light... any other way??? i dont want to bring it to the dealer.

Silvershadow
11-04-2002, 12:15 AM
Since you don't want to look for the 2 threads I mentioned.Just take yout Si to the dealer.It's still under warranty(that means FREE!!!).

02CivicSI-VTEC
11-04-2002, 12:20 AM
the thing is that i unhooked the yellow wires under the seat.. and if i bring it in to the dealer.. it not under warrenty.. and if they found out that i took it out, they will charge me for the inspection and to fix it.. well if i dont want them to fix it .. they still gonna charge me inspeaction fee... so it a waste of time... i'll just save up some money and then bring it in i guess.