PDA

View Full Version : tein

nio619
07-03-2004, 11:30 PM
yo wut up. i was thinkin bout the eibach pro kit cuz ppl on this site say i do not have to get a camber kit or shocks. that it was not neccesary. but 1" dosent look low enough. so now im thinkn bout tein s tec springs cuz its a 1.5 inch drop. will i need to upgrade my shocks and camber kit? and how is the ride? will my si be more bouncy or smoother?

toe knee
07-03-2004, 11:50 PM
the ride is pretty good but to soft for my liking....im going to be selling my stech's next week if your interested

nio619
07-03-2004, 11:51 PM
what do you mean by too soft?

oinojo
07-03-2004, 11:56 PM
what do you mean by too soft?

it means hes gettin more body roll than he would like to have...he wants stiffer springs for less roll...

nio619
07-04-2004, 12:02 AM
what give a better ride quality softer or stiffer springs? i have an 04, do you think i should do a 1.5 or a 2 in drop on my ride? what stock parts should i upgrade if i go with the 2. and how will i know when my shocks are bad? for a 1.5 ill go with teins s techs and for 2 ill go with eibachs sportline. what do yall think i need some help. i will also be gettin 17" rims so if i go with a 1.5 that should help fill out tha gap more right? i need yalls opinions so i can make up my mind.

Makross
07-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Get some progress springs

oldschoolimport
07-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Get some progress springsagreed! :winkm:

eprama
07-04-2004, 01:03 AM
what give a better ride quality softer or stiffer springs? i have an 04, do you think i should do a 1.5 or a 2 in drop on my ride? what stock parts should i upgrade if i go with the 2. and how will i know when my shocks are bad? for a 1.5 ill go with teins s techs and for 2 ill go with eibachs sportline. what do yall think i need some help. i will also be gettin 17" rims so if i go with a 1.5 that should help fill out tha gap more right? i need yalls opinions so i can make up my mind.

the quality of the ride depends on what you want...some prefer stiffer rides, others like the softer rides...so its on preference and its hard to get what you prefer "your quality of a better ride would be" everyone has their own opinions...but imo i prefer stiffer springs, to find out if your shocks are bad, just feel for an oil leak around the shocks, pretty easy way to find out if your shocks are giving....if you want the tein stech and good ride, i think the springs that tein's going to put out for the ep3 is due sometime soon, the only available stech springs are for the em1 (coupe/sedan) they fit perfect but gives the ep a somewhat softer ride, but if you prefer that then go for it....oh and you wont need camber kit if you going for a 2" drop should be fine, but if you want youc an always get one, just to keep you from worrying about your tires rubbing. but whatever you decide to do, good luck and post the pics... have fun

NuG
07-04-2004, 07:27 PM
The s-tech's are nice but the ride is still a bit bumpy. Listen to these guys and go for some progressive rate springs.

nio619
07-05-2004, 02:17 PM
what is tha drop on the progressives. and when the springs are softer, does that mean the ride will be less bumpy? do any of you with a 1.5 inch drop have a poblem with scratchin tha bottom of yer rides? do any of yall got any pics of a 1.5 in drop with 17s or a 2" with 16"? cuz all i really worried about is the gap between the tire and fender i dont want the gap to be that big ya know.

ep3_civic_si
07-05-2004, 02:28 PM
if u dont want that much gap why dont u try the 2inch drop i believe u said sportlines that's pretty low but if u can't make up ur mind go for coilovers :winkm: but it'll cost ya...oh yeah by the way what part of diego u from i'm from north diego

nio619
07-05-2004, 02:32 PM
what up dawg, i frum national city. do any of yall know the ride quality of eibachs sportlines? will it give my car more of a bumpy ride than my stock springs already are. with tha sportlines that is tha finger gap with stock 16s and what if it for 17s?

STP03BlueSI
07-05-2004, 02:37 PM
My ride is pretty stiff. And I have Tein S-tech..but then again I have Neuspeed upper brace, Neuspeed X brace, Progress rear sway combo, Spoon upper rear, and neuspeed upper rear.