PDA

View Full Version : Who would be interested in a Ti catback 2.25 mandrel bent piping

DocofMind
10-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Alright guys, i was looking around for exhaust options for the EP and am not content with what is available. So i dug around a little and spoke to a few people i know and asked about making a custom set up.

What i am thinking of using is a titanium muffler (burnt blue tip included :p) attatched to a 2.25 mandrel bent pipe with a resonator inline.

The muffler that i will be using will be a name brand muffler which weighs practically nothing. This is not an HKS muffler which is a stainless muffler with a Ti tip. This is the real deal. A silencer will be available as well.

Anyhow, i asked him what it would cost do something like this and i was wondering if any of you would also be interested in doing something like this. Obviously, the more people we can get, the cheaper they will be. If i can get atleast 4 other people, myself being the 5th, i can get it done for under 500 dollars. Most likely around 450 plus shipping.

If there are any specifics or concerns you guys have, please post here so i can address all of them. Thanks

todaCspec
10-31-2002, 05:45 PM
by any chance is it JIC?

greenguy
10-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
This is not an HKS muffler which is a stainless muffler with a Ti tip.

And what is the Brand???

DocofMind
10-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec
by any chance is it JIC?

Someone was quick to notice the brand loyalty ;)

Yes, the muffler will be a Jic universal muffler. As you may have noticed, i am extremely fond of their products. Not only do they look good, but they perform extremely well as well.

Unfortunately, because of the lack of demand, the EP has not hit their list of "to do" cars. Even the coil overs that i am installing are not for the EP, they are designed for the DC5 but will fit the EP with DC5 outer tie rod ends.

pocketrocket
11-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Couple of questions. How big's the tip? Smaller is always better. Also, is the piping stainless? BTW. Who is doing the titanium welding?

I'm interested.
Thanks
Anthony

Joebeau
11-02-2002, 05:03 PM
I would be interested. Will it use factory style flanges and hangers so it would be a bolt on afair?

DocofMind
11-02-2002, 09:33 PM
The piping that i will be using will be a treated aluminum, much like what greddy and hks use for their piping.

The muffler itself will have the smallest tip available. Of course, i believe in subtleness as well.

Everything will be a direct bolt on. I expect this unit to be two pieces with a few flanges. I am getting some pics together of what we did for a few S2000 customers so you guys get a basic idea. On their kit we used a Magnaflow muffler. Its nice, but not what i m looking for here. No chrome, nothing flashy. This is a pure power mod. The burnt blue tip is just the icing on the cake. I will post a pic no later than monday.

Thanks for the questions.

02SilverSiHB
11-03-2002, 09:36 AM
any pics of the muffler. If I don't like the muffler I'd like to just get a mid pipe

pocketrocket
11-03-2002, 10:39 AM
Sounds good, just one more question on treated aluminum. How well does it hold up against the elements? Otherwise, count me in!
BTW. Will it come with gaskets?

Thanks!
Anthony - PR

DocofMind
11-04-2002, 09:26 PM
Okay guys, here is a sample pic of what we got going on for S2000. The principle will be the same, mandrel bent piping and flanges so it will be a direct bolt on with cutting or welding.

Obviously, the EP exhaust will have the JIC Ti muffler on it instead.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p70f6657f2221d278e07abfd734d8e492/fd14c03c.jpg.orig.jpg

So who is with me?

02SilverSiHB
11-04-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Okay guys, here is a sample pic of what we got going on for S2000. The principle will be the same, mandrel bent piping and flanges so it will be a direct bolt on with cutting or welding.

Obviously, the EP exhaust will have the JIC Ti muffler on it instead.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p70f6657f2221d278e07abfd734d8e492/fd14c03c.jpg

So who is with me?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p70f6657f2221d278e07abfd734d8e492/fd14c03c.jpg
can you give me the link to your imagestation, so I can see the original sized pick...for some reason imagestation puts a .orig.jpg on the end of the link you tried to show the pic...that one is the bigger size pic

02SilverSiHB
11-04-2002, 10:12 PM
by the way, is that muffler the same as the one we would get? I've never seen a JIC muffler. I really want to see pics of what the muffler will be, and also what the size of the tip is going to be like. It the tip isn't one of those fart can sized ones, then I'm in

goldy02
11-04-2002, 11:34 PM
when can you do this, and also can you do just the B-pipe, im not sure if i want the spoon rear section or not

DocofMind
11-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Here is a link to what the muffler looks like. Its got a 3.5 inch tip so its very subtle, unlike those gawdy rice cans.

Ti muffler (http://jic-magic.com/exhaust/505universal.jpg)