PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light wont turn off

K20A3Si
07-05-2004, 07:17 AM
i had a racing seat in my car for about a month and the srs light was on becasue i did not hav ethe two wires clipped toghether when i had the racing seat in...so i decided to take out the racing seat becasue i was sick of getting in and out of it , i put the stock seat back in...i clipped both wires toghether and the SRS light is still on?...does anyone know how to turn this light off?...thanks :confused:

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
07-05-2004, 07:25 AM
search button to the rescue:

1 Go under the steering wheel and find the fuse box. You will see a dime sized yellow connector in the top section of the box in a holder, unplug this connector.

2. The connector has two wires a green and a black. Take a piece of wire (doesnt matter what kind as long as you can wedge in into the connector) and cut it in two descently long strips and splice the ends,

3. Take one end of each wire and jam it in the connector so that you have extensions of both the green and black wires.

4. Now the fun part. Take and connect the two wires with your fingers and hold them and turn your key to run.

5. The SRS light will come on and stay on for about 6 seconds and turn off. Once the light turns off - pull the two wires apart and the SRS light will come on again a second or two after you take them apart.

Note*You have approx. 4 seconds to seperate/connect the two wires in between steps.

6. Once the SRS light comes on again, you must connect the two wires one more time and the SRS light will blink twice and go out.

7. Pull the wires apart and take the keys out of the ignition for atleast 10 seconds. Pull the wires out of the connector and start the car - no more SRS unless there is something really wrong with the System.

You can connect the yellow connector back into the fuse box if you want. The slot in the fuse box is just a holder and the yellow connector is not needed to be placed there. I just let it hang in case I need to do this again.

amctmg
07-05-2004, 08:54 AM
I have my pass. seat out and want to keep it out but I would like to get rid of the srs, is there a splice or resistor I can use on the plug for pass seat then do this procedure and still save my life.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
07-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I have my pass. seat out and want to keep it out but I would like to get rid of the srs, is there a splice or resistor I can use on the plug for pass seat then do this procedure and still save my life.

im sure you could put a resistor on the plug but how would you know 100% that your SRS would work in an accident.

personally, not a chance *I* would be willing to take.

and you should definitely think twice Mr. Iliketodrive130mph.

chubbychu
04-19-2008, 08:32 AM
this SHOULD be sticky linked. Its kind of important to know how to reset the SRS light. :D

riceboy075
04-19-2008, 03:06 PM
this SHOULD be sticky linked. Its kind of important to know how to reset the SRS light. :D

yeah it should, i was looking for this...gonna try to do it tommorrow