PDA

View Full Version : quick question

choNy
07-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey i was wondering if i were to drop my ep 1.5 inches, would i NEED a camber kit ?

Si4U2NV
07-05-2004, 04:50 PM
you never really NEED a camber kit, its not like your car will be non-functional without it...

if you notice irregular or premature tire wear, and you dont feel like buying new tires all the time...get one.

if you dont mind getting new tires more often and prefer the handling benefits of having a little negative camber... the DONT get one... (or get one and set it to your own specs) :winkm:

HTH

-Mike

amctmg
07-05-2004, 04:55 PM
I dropped mine 2 inches and did not touch anything and my tire wear is perfect on my falken azenis

redronin22
07-05-2004, 07:30 PM
its a waste of money imo. Also the - camber looks hot. haha

dchu
07-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Like the others said, it isn't necessary and it won't affect tire wear that much. However, the rear camber on these civics seem worse then previous civics at the same drops. Add this to the fact that the front suspension doesn't gain any camber at all and is pretty much 0', the car will understeer more then it should. Previous civics you could get away with no camber kit because the front double wishbone suspension would increase negative camber, so front and rear are still in balance.

You'll need at least a rear camber kit but I recommend getting the front also since it is only about $30 more. Dial in a little extra negative camber for all four corners. I made the mistake of only getting a rear camber kit and handling isn't all that great compared to my old civic.