PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to SEMA?

Suk02Si
11-01-2002, 12:43 AM
I'm driving out there Wednesday afternoon and staying 'til friday night. Just wondering if i'm going to see any other ep's out there.

tornactive
11-01-2002, 01:17 AM
I dont have an EP, but I will be at SEMA.
I was hoping we could have an all boards meet. Would be really cool.

Rob

todaCspec
11-01-2002, 06:07 AM
i'll be flying in on Monday and leaving to go to LA on friday or saturday. any good shops to visit in LA?

DownTheHatch
11-01-2002, 06:26 AM
Is this show open to the public? And where do I get tickets?

jaydub
11-01-2002, 09:15 AM
I will find out monday whether or not I'll have a pass, nothing like waiting till the last minute!! My contact didn't get back to me until monday of this week, so I had to do all kinds of crap, and I still won't know for sure about my pass till I've stood in line and gotten it. :mad:

Here's hoping!

Suk02Si
11-01-2002, 10:51 AM
I will find out monday whether or not I'll have a pass, nothing like waiting till the last minute!!

haha, I know. I wont be getting my pass until wednesday night. I think the show is only open to dealers and exhibitors, right?

I don't know of too many shops here in LA. Upgrade Motoring (www.upgrademotoring.com) is nearby; the owner was part of that Jun Racing R33 high speed run on the salt flats. Talk to DocofMind, he should know more about local shops.

jaydub
11-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Yeah, as far as I know it's just for Manufacturers and Dealers. I'm going as a student reporter (haha!) but next year I'll register ahead of time and see if they're screening or not. I get into CES every year by using my fake company name (just the name of my website), so I'd assume it'll work for SEMA as well.

If I don't get to go this year, it'll be my own fault, because I'd have been able to go for $10 if I hadn't missed the damn registration deadline. It went up to $50 after the 29th of sept.

David S Wallens
11-01-2002, 10:25 PM
We'll be there, but our EP isn't making a return visit. (As someone put it, that car is last year's prom dress.) However, our Cooper S will be in the BBS booth, and we'll be milling about.

todaCspec
11-02-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by todaCspec
i'll be flying in on Monday and leaving to go to LA on friday or saturday. any good shops to visit in LA?

anybody want to show me their hood? hope i don't get into that east coast/west coast rap nonsense. too bad they don't rent EP's in LA. i'll probably be crusing in a Lancer/Strauiss/Alero or i'll probably rent a Mustang convertible like last time. anybody want to race?

cbecker333
11-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by David S Wallens
We'll be there, but our EP isn't making a return visit. (As someone put it, that car is last year's prom dress.) However, our Cooper S will be in the BBS booth, and we'll be milling about.

Those mini's frustrate me. A guy I work with bought a mini (not an S) on the same day I got my new Si. Shortly after, he brought me a hot hatch comparison that didn't include his car at all, yet bashed my car thoroughly. On top of this, he said "yeah the Si is a little bit ugly for me." What a fu**ing prick! I guess when it comes to style the mini wins over the Si, but when it comes to "this car is fun as hell, practical, and doesn't look like a tiny joke" I think the Si wins. Plus I spent less $$ on it than that mini would cost, and I'm faster! I want to bring some cones to work and set up an autocross in the parking lot. Then we'll see who's a bit ugly, mother fu**er! Obviously, I have nothing against you, but this guy I work with is just a sucky guy and he is giving your Mini a bad name for being a prick-mobile.

jaydub
11-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Well as far as people bringing "last year's prom dress" I'm sure that there will still be plenty of EPs making an appearance. The way I see it, the "tuners" who aren't just catering to whatever happens to be popular at the time will have plenty of EP's there. I seem to recall that in 2000 there were a crapload of PT Cruisers there, so every year there will be a bandwagon car.

Generally, the bandwagon 'tuners' aren't the ones I'd be buying product from anyway, so I'm not terribly concerned.