PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Engine!!!!

tt7998
07-06-2004, 07:10 AM
My EP3 has been through snow, heavy rain, and tails of some bigA$$ truck! My engine is very dirty compare to some follow Ep3. How you make it clean and maintain it? Please help!!

amctmg
07-06-2004, 07:25 AM
I usually just wipe mine down with a moist rag. But for heavy grime I suggest spraying simple green on it and then rinsing it of after a few minutes.

you can also spray wd-40 on a rag and wipe down the engine

k20whiteboi269
07-06-2004, 07:42 AM
i use a can of engine degreaser and then get the hard to clean places with an old rag. then some armor-all on the hoses and plastic pieces.

oogy-boogy
07-06-2004, 07:48 AM
I usually just wipe mine down with a moist rag. But for heavy grime I suggest spraying simple green on it and then rinsing it of after a few minutes.

you can also spray wd-40 on a rag and wipe down the engine

I do the Simple Green method as well. This is my method that keeps my engine bay looking mint. MA winters suck.

- First off make sure the engine is cold as you're more succeptable to cause stains if the motor is hot.
- Spray down the motor with a hose. I usually use the high pressure setting. Cover and air filters visible (SRI's aftermarket breather on the valve cover, etc). Try to stay away from the fusebox to be safe.
- Saturate the engine bay and underside of the hood with Simple Green.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Scrub with a soft bristled brush and or cotton mit.
- Rinse with the hose.

I usually leave the hood open and allow it to dry some to prevent any stains.

:)

tt7998
07-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks alot guys!

New England's winter sucks big time!!!

mdoyle
07-06-2004, 08:44 AM
i use a can of engine degreaser and then get the hard to clean places with an old rag. then some armor-all on the hoses and plastic pieces.
I've heard Armor All can eat away at the rubber used in the hoses/belts causing them to wear sooner.

oogy-boogy
07-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks alot guys!

New England's winter sucks big time!!!

Yup...:)

<----- Read my location ;)

Buckeye34
07-06-2004, 08:50 AM
go to a detail place and get it steam cleaned for like 30 bucks, stays clean and shiny for a long time

Peking
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Moved, and we have a couple of threads on this topic.

Like this one...http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4222