PDA

View Full Version : mugen twin loop wow

Jbo the Great
07-06-2004, 08:09 AM
my mugen catback jus came in today. Im so happy but sad at the same time my dcrh should be here from showstppers soon but that 02 sim messing peoples ecus up has made decide to wait for the kpro. Any one else got this thing. I hope its worth the 1062 i paid for it. Ill try later on to post a pic gotta go to work

JapanExpress
07-06-2004, 08:16 AM
where did you get it and for how much? I didn't even know these were out for our cars yet

mhx
07-06-2004, 08:58 AM
my mugen catback jus came in today. Im so happy but sad at the same time my dcrh should be here from showstppers soon but that 02 sim messing peoples ecus up has made decide to wait for the kpro. Any one else got this thing. I hope its worth the 1062 i paid for it. Ill try later on to post a pic gotta go to work

i am sorry thats just too much to pay for an exhaust.. dam. is it made of gold?

jdmwagon
07-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Congratulations on the Mugen I am sure it'll be an awesome exhaust. Don't worry about people hating on your baller status with the Mugen. My dad paid $1500+shipping for an exhaust for his RSX. Good luck with the Mugen.

mhx
07-06-2004, 09:27 AM
me = hating your stupidity
enjoy your $1062 pipe/muffler

you should of invested in a turbo/jrsc instead.. gl tho. im sure u got money or rents do.

Si3
07-06-2004, 11:06 AM

you should of invested in a turbo/jrsc instead.. gl tho. im sure u got money or rents do.

2nd that. i guess if i had $1000+ to blow on exhaust, i would have bought magnaflow and kpro... or HKS & N20... either way.

But your money, as long as your happy with your purchase.

trk
07-06-2004, 11:26 AM
i guess if i had $1000+ to blow on exhaust

That wont even pay for the kpro. :p

mhx
07-06-2004, 11:31 AM
That wont even pay for the kpro. :p

what color are your rims? what size tires? any trouble w/ those rims? ppl say they bend etc?

Jbo the Great
07-06-2004, 12:11 PM
ok everone clam down I bought it for a couple of reasons. One being i am going to be runing the dc race header and i dont want to be super loud ive herd this thing on a older eg and it was nice and low. Two ive always wanted one for my other civics but never had the chance since they were wrecked or stolen before i could buy it. I like to be different that dosent mean im stupid man u guys are harsh. If i can afford to buy something i want let me be. I guess im a jackass for buying the carbonfiber mirriors to huh. to the guy wanting to know its not out for our cars its for the type r but like i said im runing the dc header it will bolt right up. I bought it from kingmotorsports.com the price was 1062 shipped it was the only one they had. Im workn on the pics never posted before give me some time

SubliminalSi
07-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I think it will pretty sweet. I dont think your stupid or anything for paying that much for soemthing you want. And i bet you will probably never run into another ep with it, so props

Si Death
07-06-2004, 12:28 PM
KILLAA!!!! post a sound clip ince you get the header!!

GatorBait.
07-06-2004, 12:48 PM
For everyone that thinks that $1,000 is too much to pay for an exhaust, wait till you guys get more expensive cars and see how much parts are for them.

For the S2K, the top exhausts go for around $1,500-$2,500.

Don't crack on someone for getting the best parts for their car.

RockEP_SS**
07-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Nice Jamont! Got any pics?? Hold on tight, the race header is on the way!!!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Bc CiVicTyPe-R
07-06-2004, 01:17 PM
ok everone clam down I bought it for a couple of reasons. One being i am going to be runing the dc race header and i dont want to be super loud ive herd this thing on a older eg and it was nice and low. Two ive always wanted one for my other civics but never had the chance since they were wrecked or stolen before i could buy it. I like to be different that dosent mean im stupid man u guys are harsh. If i can afford to buy something i want let me be. I guess im a jackass for buying the carbonfiber mirriors to huh. to the guy wanting to know its not out for our cars its for the type r but like i said im runing the dc header it will bolt right up. I bought it from kingmotorsports.com the price was 1062 shipped it was the only one they had. Im workn on the pics never posted before give me some time

From what I read About the Dc Race header was that if u get it you will need to get a custom Catalytic converter,Because There is a possibility that the stock will melt.Did you plan on removing the Cat completely or getting a custom race cat??? I saw a Meagan Race cat for about $135-$150 which is'nt that bad in my opinion.I'm just curious about what do u plan on doing about that and is there any truth to the whole Cat melting thing?

Civicvtec1ps
07-06-2004, 02:43 PM
From what I read About the Dc Race header was that if u get it you will need to get a custom Catalytic converter
Dc race header elminates stock cat.

03jeffSI
07-06-2004, 04:36 PM
wow. i've never seen anyone actually buy the mugen twin loop for our car yet

gabe_
07-06-2004, 05:57 PM

Speed isn't everything. Here is an example: Why did you buy an EP when you can buy other cars for less money that will smoke it in every performance aspect?

The twin loop sounds hot, looks hot, and you won't see it on 20 other EPs like you will the magna flow. Nice purchase Jbo the Great.

what color are your rims? what size tires? any trouble w/ those rims? ppl say they bend etc?

If you are referring to his Rotas... All rims bend. All rims break - Especially if you are running 17"s with rubber band tires. Cast rims more so than forged. Rotas are cheap, light, and cast. I have seen many, many people abuse the hell out of their Rotas, and very very few bend or break. From a pure performance standpoint, Rotas are just about the best deal out there.

simione
07-06-2004, 08:35 PM
I think it will pretty sweet. I dont think your stupid or anything for paying that much for soemthing you want. And i bet you will probably never run into another ep with it, so props

exactly

BlackSi613nin
07-06-2004, 09:14 PM
I HATE YOU, i really want this lol... props!!! i cant wait to see pix of it, and a sound clip.. sweet purchase man!

joHn

johnkimble
07-06-2004, 09:15 PM
hmm... u got a dope ass exhaust, i hope you enjoy it! pimp that shit out man, more power to you for being the first one of the first on ephatch to snatch it up! :)

toda_power
07-06-2004, 09:27 PM
its good to be different...if i had an extra $$$ i would buy too! enjoy ur mugennn.

Bc CiVicTyPe-R
07-07-2004, 05:35 AM
ok. but look at the description for the Header.
"DC Sport Full Race Header

This header outflows comptech, spoon, and anything else right now on the market. It fits both the RSX base and Type S motors. This is a full one peice header and requires that a custom cat or test pipe be made."

thats the reason I asked :angelm:

fsugatorbait
07-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Its says that because by adding the header you lose your cat. You need your cat to stay legal hence they add the disclaimer. 99% of the time if the word race is associated with a product it is not legal.

Gasp23
07-07-2004, 08:48 AM
That's awesome that you got the twin loop!!! I've always wanted one but I don't have the $$$ for that exhaust and therefore bought the Magnaflow. I think the Mugen is the shit! I wouldn't doubt one bit if I could afford it!

oogy-boogy
07-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Nice buy and way to be original.......A little too much $$ for me but I'd still like to see/hear one :)

Jbo the Great
07-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Notice the free mugen emblem with big purchase :cool:

Bc CiVicTyPe-R
07-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Its says that because by adding the header you lose your cat. You need your cat to stay legal hence they add the disclaimer. 99% of the time if the word race is associated with a product it is not legal.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Thanks :cool: :winkm:

Gasp23
07-07-2004, 12:28 PM
That look super sexy! I can't wait to see it on!

anjapower
07-07-2004, 12:35 PM
to each his own, but my philosphy is that if you've got money to blow 1k on an exhaust....something that will give you like 5whp, then you've got money to buy a better car...

00-ITR-373
07-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Looks great! Let us know if it does in fact bolt right up. I wish Mugen made this for the USDM cars.

Civicvtec1ps
07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
DAMN, Mugen twin loop would be perfect setup with DC race header.
HMM :confused: :D

SiR Phil
07-18-2004, 03:32 AM
That looks like one sexy piece of hardware. While I myself wouldn't spend that kind of dough on an exhaust (I'm quite happy with the Comptech USA catback I got with my EP), to each his or her own, and like others said.... you're unlikely to run into other EPs with it. Post some pics when it's installed, and let us know how it feels.

siep
07-18-2004, 09:12 AM

Hey, if it's possible, can you see if the rear mufflers are the same in length compared to the stock one? I'm just wondering if the rear muffler section can be bolted up the stock midpipe. Thanks! :)

ToingToing
07-18-2004, 09:48 AM
nice bling bling you got man. i really hope that it doesnt sit real low from the ground not like my t1r set up. coz getting that luxury thing scrapes from bumps will give you a heart disease. now enjoy that thing, rev it til you blow your engine.. hehe..im kidding on that part. but yeah, congrats on the buy!!

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2004, 10:07 AM
i am sorry thats just too much to pay for an exhaust.. dam. is it made of gold?
lol, no kidding, it looks kinda bronze...so it must be made out of bronze...if it was gold, it'd be 10,000! hahaha

And I thought these were not out for the usdm ep3...only the ep3 ctr

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2004, 10:09 AM
yeah, that is true, I have to admit, I'd love to have one for myself...but I'd have to wait till I have allll my bills paid off to buy something like that, I'd feel guilty as hell for spending that much when it doesn't do much

02SilverSiHB
07-18-2004, 10:11 AM
dibs on this when you want to sell it :D I'll give you 500 shipped hahaha, I'm jealous, love the exhaust.

ep3_civic_si
07-18-2004, 07:11 PM
anybody know where i can get a sound clip of it on a car? and oh yeah great buy ...nice product balla! :D

portugeetex
07-18-2004, 08:20 PM
can someone tell what the point of the twin loop design is for??????????

00-ITR-373
07-19-2004, 07:35 PM
The twinloop is for noise cancellation. The sound waves traveling against each other cancel each other out. Anyway, the exhaust is one of the best sounding ones out there. Must be heard to be appreciated. Oh yeah, zero drones on the road. It's so nice. (I've never heard it on an EP3), but if it's like the ones I've heard on EK's and S2K's, it's awesome. (Yes I know the Mugen is not a twinloop on the S2K, but the sound is still awesome).

portandpolish
07-19-2004, 08:10 PM
All I gots to say is BUMP!! BUMP!!

Jbo the Great
07-20-2004, 12:04 PM
thanx for all the coments guys. With any luck my car will be back from the bodyshop thursday if that is so friday i will put all the go faster parts on h,i,e I'll post pics as soon as posible :m: