PDA

View Full Version : which springs to get

mxp
07-06-2004, 11:35 AM
hey guys .. as the title says i want to lower my EP after 66000 km my options are:

Tein S-Tech
Progress Springs
H&R (some said they sag)

thanks

-mxp

raiyo
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM
cross out the Tein S-Tech. It's not made for the EP3, but it will fit. They are made for the other Civic models. It'll give u a nice drop, but.....the spring rates are off and will give you a softer ride than stock.

I voted for Progress. Word of advice, but something that is factory tuned. Get something like KW, D2, Tein Basic (or better), Mugen, or the other expensive stuff. You won't regret doing so. It'll cost more, but way worthed it. My friend who installed my springs told me to get a set, but I didn't listen and now I regret. Skip the just spring step and move beyond that.

caligula
07-06-2004, 12:39 PM
i have eibach sportline 1.5 in the rear and i think is 1.3 on the front im not sure,anyways i have my car for two years and i dont regret a thing. the suspension is all good and it rides fine.my advice just get lowering springs for now.

Fast02
07-06-2004, 01:23 PM
I have H&R. The 2 inch drop is perfect for the EP3 :cool:

stpkenton
07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
i like the progress drop, but i think everyone is going to be a little bias to the ones they have. i think spring rates are similar on those springs so look around and see what drop you like. :)

LHD_EP3
07-06-2004, 07:09 PM
i like the progress drop, but i think everyone is going to be a little bias to the ones they have. i think spring rates are similar on those springs so look around and see what drop you like. :)

Yeah, I'd go with Progress :)

mxp
07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
thanks for the input guys .. i ordered the Tein's from showstoppers ...

k20ImportTuner
07-09-2004, 12:37 AM
The Teins?? ouch that would be the last choice... :confused:
those sag the most... like raiyo said.. who was ure first response.. they aren't even made for the Ep. They are made for the Em2s and shit.

Progress would've been your best choice for sure.
I say get rid of the Teins somehow already :(

but if you really want springs that are made for other cars on ure car.. go for it. :)

kidXStreme
07-09-2004, 01:06 AM
The Teins?? ouch that would be the last choice... :confused:
those sag the most...

you lie!!!!!!.....i have those and its a perfect drop...all around. little soft but great for daily driving...very smooth ride.

k20ImportTuner
07-09-2004, 01:13 AM
I lied? I never said anything about the drop height..

I just said they sag most... as in more than progress and more than H&R.
It's probably soft because of the different spring rate... which would be because it's not even made for the EP3

maybe if ure driving an em3 or an ep2.. wait no ep2 is an actual car... so... or an epm2.

Civicvtec1ps
07-18-2004, 08:13 AM
I have been using Tein s tech springs for over 8000 years.
They settled more but they dont SAG.
Its 2 fingergap all around on stock tires, drop evenly.

Springs are soft but for daily drive. It's good enough.

toda_power
07-18-2004, 08:18 AM
i have tein s-tech's springs. there's 2 fingers gap on the front and about 2 1/2-3 fingers on the back, its a lil soft but not too bad. the drop is alright, but not low enough for my taste, especially the rear. i just bought a tanabe dress form springs. the drop is 2.0 front, and 2.3 rears and its 10-20% stiffer than stock...